Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shannon - Redundancies

• 30-06-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

A company in Shannon will announce 57 redundancies today.

It should be announced at 11am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Any idea who it is yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Avocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Yeah its avocent, was on the news there now, another bad blow for shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

According to the Aerican Press Release, they are moving their functions to Singapore and the US.

Between the 57 jobs lost at Avocent and the closure of the Buffalo technology plant which lost approx. 50 jobs also, it's a terrible blow to the area. More than 200 hundred jobs lost in Shannon in the last couple of weeks. Terrible news!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Between the 57 jobs lost at Avocent and the closure of the Buffalo technology plant which lost approx. 50 jobs also, it's a terrible blow to the area. More than 200 hundred jobs lost in Shannon in the last couple of weeks. Terrible news!
    And this is only the start of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

The start is right! I work for a company in the Quin Road Business Park, I was told last week i was being made redundant. I am nearly 28 weeks pregnant and devastated, as i have mortgage to pay etc. I asked them if they would keep me on for another few weeks and i would go on mat leave early but no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

maiden wrote: »
    The start is right! I work for a company in the Quin Road Business Park, I was told last week i was being made redundant. I am nearly 28 weeks pregnant and devastated, as i have mortgage to pay etc. I asked them if they would keep me on for another few weeks and i would go on mat leave early but no go.

God thats rough Maiden. Get onto Social Welfare and your Mortgage Providers and see what they can do to help.

Good luck and mind youself and babby!

That is terrible news Maiden. As if you don't have enough on your plate.

I heard also there is jobs to go at Lasercut Engineering in Shannon. Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AC Mortgages

Sorry to hear your news Maiden. There is a lot of companies letting people at the min. A lot more to follow to i am sure....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry to hear about that Maiden, I was let go myself yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AC Mortgages

God sorry to hear that clareman. Where did you work?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I worked in Shannon, I was the only person made redundant, if that doesn't make you feel paranoid I don't know what would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just talking to a lad that got let go from the Barge rooms. Apparently the owner took the premises back off the lessee and made everyone redundant, bar staff, security the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Just read that Sykes Enterprises are to make 80 redundancies over the next 3 months.

It seems to be all bad news in the past few weeks all over Clare but particularly in Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

RoisinD wrote: »
    Just read that Sykes Enterprises are to make 80 redundancies over the next 3 months.

It seems to be all bad news in the past few weeks all over Clare but particularly in Shannon.

make that 115 jobs losses at sykes.. ya shannon seems to be getting hit v hard.. good luck on finding something all..

Advertisement