Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Black and White

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I had photoshop cs2 on my old laptop but am unable to transfer it to mmy new computer (laptop broken :( )

I recently switched from film to digital and am hoping to get into some digital black and white. I downloaded gimp and picasa on others' recommendations, if anyone is into digital b&w would you recommend spending on a new edition of photoshop elements, or do either of those programs do the job?

I've heard mention of lightroom also, is this part of photoshop? sorry, I'm a bit dense on this end of things, any comments or advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

gimp should be able to do this but it is buggy

either way here is a tutorial for converting to b/w
    http://nicolas.noben.org/blog/photoshop-tutorial-photo-post-processing-digital-film-black-white-effect/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I used to get some really nice black and white conversions out of the GIMP. PSE's converter isn't bad but it doesn't give you a lot of freedom from what I remember. Although my view could be coloured by now having CS3 :rolleyes:

I think Corel's photo editing package (is it Paintshop Pro?) is pretty decent on that front as well though and you can get a month's trial download of it.

Advertisement