Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaght Test

• 30-06-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've my test coming up in Tallaght soon. Does anyone know the route?

Are there any trickys spots?

Where abouts did you do your u turn? Would love to practice this area once I find it out.

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I did my test in Tallght twice *cough* cause I enjoyed it so much the first time.

The 2 routes I did were different. They took me into an estate though in both cases for the u-turn/turn about. Did the go slow in an estate road first time with guy walking beside me and in the actual test center car park the second with guy just looking from inside his car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Whyner, rather than trying to learn the route, just concentrate on being a good rider so you can pass the test. I done the test out there and didn't know the route before hand and still managed to pass.

Make sure you do the lifesaver, even when making left turns. If you find yourself drifting over the speed limit don't hit the brakes, ease off the throttle, the instructor probably won't notice.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Thanks. Yeah, shouldn't make a difference or not if I know the route but I live nearby and am practicing tonight so it made sense. Have a lesson tomorrow and test on Wed.

If it's anything like the relief I felt after passing my driving test I can't frickin wait.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey whyner,

when did you book it?? I booked this ages ago for the same spot, and sent in an "official" letter from my boss on headed paper stating I needed it because I deliver parts for them,

Have heard nothing yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

OP get a pretest both to help you on the pieces you're weak at and the pre test instructor will be able to bring you around on a couple of the routes normally used by the testers.

For the test the most important things to know are:

* Do a U-turn with control on a fairly standard width road
    * Ability to control your bike at walking pace
    * Life savers
    * Road position

Don't forget to bring your L-tabard -- it's an instant fail if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Thanks colm_c...I did one lesson Sunday morning and went through all off these. Need to work more on them though

Gabgab - I booked it last October, before I even bought the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Whyner, rather than trying to learn the route, just concentrate on being a good rider so you can pass the test. I done the test out there and didn't know the route before hand and still managed to pass.

Make sure you do the lifesaver, even when making left turns. If you find yourself drifting over the speed limit don't hit the brakes, ease off the throttle, the instructor probably won't notice.

Agree 100%.

I did my test in Tallaght as well. The route was fairly easy, but traffic was very heavy and making right hand turns onto some of the busy roads was frustrating. Other than that it was fine though. Most of the testers seem quite fair, though there is a bald grumpy guy there a few years ago who seems to enjoy failing people. Hopefully he's gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i done mine in tallaght too. tbh i had no idea where he was telling me to go,i think he brought me through kilnamanagh and tymon. i found it a help not knowing the route as i was naturally more alert on an unfamiliar road. if i done it around my way i'd probably lose the run of myself:D

he brought me into a housing estate about 20 minutes into the test to do the slow ride and u-turn. the road was a grand width and was handy enough to negotiate. he then told me to drive through the estate which had the usual assortment of cars/vans parked on the road outside houses so vigilance was key. then back to the centre.

hope that helps:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It was Belgard housing estate for my u-turn about four years ago though my instructor had me practicing it in one of the industrial estates. Mine was on Friday 13th at 13.00 all the kids were coming home on their lunch breaks it was a nightmare, but still got it. Best of luck with it.

gabgab wrote: »
    Hey whyner,

when did you book it?? I booked this ages ago for the same spot, and sent in an "official" letter from my boss on headed paper stating I needed it because I deliver parts for them,

Have heard nothing yet,

Chase them up on it anyone I know who got a letter from work always got a quick response. We used to write them for people who didn't even work with us.

• Advertisement

http://www.drivingtest.ie/frameset.html

None of these numbers will allow me through, I get network busy on the landline and locall number,

I have emailed them 3 times too, has anyone got any other number for them??

gabgab

Did you get a letter of acknowledgement as you will need the ref: number from that to get it sorted. If so just use the phone number on that it the Dept of Transport you want. If you didn't get letter of acknowledgement do as the website suggests. Or just 11811 the address given on that site. I remember having to cancell a test and I just used the number on the letterhead.

Hey I got a letter and have the reference number but I threw the letter in the recycling bin,

I will try 11811 the address as per the website, its very annoying, as I have been charged for the test also:

Thanks,

Advertisement