Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything in the news about delay in new speeds??

Options
  • 30-06-2008 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen anything in the newspapers about the delay in Eircom upgrading to new speeds? Is/Was it really meant to happen? I got all worked up over nothing.

Why not prove it works first, tell no one in advance, and then when it does work tell everybody.

oh well

gb--

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont get it either, surely Eircom would have ran some tests before announcing this upgrade 6 months ago, looks like they just announced it without doing anything and then when they tried to upgrade people it just wasnt happening. I fear we could be anything up to another 2 years before we see an upgrade, if so by then all smart customers will be on 20meg+ and UPC customers will be on speeds more like 50meg while Eircom's customers will still be on 2 and 3meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Announcing it will have attracted a lot of new customers with the prospect of fast broadband speeds. Its clever marketing. Now those new customers are tied to contracts with Eircom and can't leave even though the new speeds haven't materialised yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

No need for a new thread on this.
    Already being discussed here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228131

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

already a thread on this,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement