Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser treatment recommendations

• 30-06-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First time posting on this board. My eyes are -7.5 roughly, I'm 30 and at the point where I'm seriously considering the laser surgery.

I'd like to know which places would come recommended. Money wouldn't be an issue - I'd be prepared to pay extra for piece of mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I went with Dundrum Eye Clinic. Found them very professional and upfront. To cut a long story short I found that they'd say no if they felt you weren't suitable for treatment. Didn't get that feeling from Wellington or Optilase. Wellington were particularly pushy which put me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Wouldn't agree with you at all there coolbeans, I found Wellington not at all pushy and they tell you upfront that if they don't think you're suitable they won't consider it, they won't even check you out if your prescription hasn't been constant for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

My brother got his eyes corrected by laser surger at the Wellington Clinic. I went up with him and found them to be very kind and considerate. They will tell you if you are suitable for the procedure. He got it done and seems happy with it. I don't think I could go down that route though. I have been wearing glasses for glare for a few years now as I do at lot of computer work and will be getting my eyes tested soon for glasses as I was advised to do when I lived abroad. Really like the look and feel of glasses and will soon be getting them. Hope the procedure works out great for you.

The prices have really dropped in the last two years for eye laser/lasik treatments so it is a very popular procedure.

Advertisement