Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helicoptor tours

• 30-06-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone any idea on how to go on the helicoptor tours? Been down to the spot that is marked on the map but there is never any helicoptors there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I think you have to actually make a "date" with that pumped up gay guy or one of your girlfriends so it says "helitour" on your phone. I tried myself the way you tried it with no success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Any time i go down to it there is always choppers there.. Went on one once, I just go down there now to steal them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When I first noticed that icon pop up on the map I went down there stole the choper. Hasn't been a choper there since which really fudged me up on one of the missions. It wouldn't be there at certain times?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

You shouldn't need to make a date to go on a tour. The helicopters should be there most of the time. Make sure you're not on a mission when you go there. There are times when there are no helis there, but if you come back after a while, they should reappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Neal's right, no need go there on a date. Sure just go there, either nick one or go on the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The helis are always there for me (as long as the icon has been on the map anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Fellas,

Go to the heli tour icon on the second island.

Walk up to the helicopter

HOLD Y (Xbox 360) like you would to get in as a passenger in a taxi.

Bobs your uncle.

Never bothered doing it myself though I just rob them instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Theres an achievment on the x3360 version if you go all five of the heli tours. You can just skip each tour by pressing A aswell, like a taxi. If you're into getting achievments its a pretty easy one (10 points I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GerTipp

Wait for a few people to get on one of the helicopters and have your sniper gun ready. Wait for it to take off and go about 10 feet in the air and then shoot the pilot. The helicopter goes out of control and the passengers jump out, often getting hit by the blades. Much more excitement than any tour :)

Na, I'd rather just nick one and tilt forward near ground and chop their heads off...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When I first saw the icon, I tried to bring someone
    (Michelle/Karen I think)
    and there was nothing doing. It wasn't until Brucie called me up looking to do something that it became an option for me. Now, there's 2 or 3 every time I visit the place and it's deffo the best way around.

Everyone got the "flying under the bridge" thing done? I was working through it and it wouldn't give me the last one for some reason - methinks it is a glitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Heli's only appear after a certain amount of play/missions I think. So if there are no heli's in the port you have to ring Brucy up and arrange a heli tour with him since he has a helicopter on the roof of his pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Kharn wrote: »
    Everyone got the "flying under the bridge" thing done? I was working through it and it wouldn't give me the last one for some reason - methinks it is a glitch!

One of the bridges in Alderny gave me trouble when I did that, it was the highway bridge that goes over both the river and a part of the city as well. I had to go under the bridge while over the city to get it to register, it didn't work if I went under the bridge while going along the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maddzy wrote: »
    One of the bridges in Alderny gave me trouble when I did that, it was the highway bridge that goes over both the river and a part of the city as well. I had to go under the bridge while over the city to get it to register, it didn't work if I went under the bridge while going along the river.

Snap! Was fun getting under the low bridge before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

got all the bridges without too much bother. Didn't realise there were 5 heli tours I did 3 and got no achievement. Guess I'll head back down there and do the 2 more tours for the hell of it and grab the achivement.

Go on the Tour, head to the toilet, and your achievement should be there when you get back. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Kharn wrote: »

When I was chasing the guy in the helicopter with the Jamacian and the rocket launcher, I followed it under the big bridge to Algonquin. As I was doing so a people-carrier randomly toppled off the bridge and down into the rotors! I presume some sort of glitch caused it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I haven't done any of the tours yet, but has anyone done that trick when you go off the "Empire State" building on a Sanchez and apparently land perfectly? I got on top of it, but getting the Sanchez is the hardest part as it spawns right at the edge of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

ScumLord wrote: »
    When I first noticed that icon pop up on the map I went down there stole the choper. Hasn't been a choper there since which really fudged me up on one of the missions. It wouldn't be there at certain times?

The only time they're not there is during missions I think

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I haven't done any of the tours yet, but has anyone done that trick when you go off the "Empire State" building on a Sanchez and apparently land perfectly? I got on top of it, but getting the Sanchez is the hardest part as it spawns right at the edge of it!
    No I haven't, I agree with you on getting the Sanchez, hard to find and I loved them, especially in Vice City on the Beach track and the track beside the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Vain wrote: »
    Any time i go down to it there is always choppers there.. Went on one once, I just go down there now to steal them

Yes, there's always at least three helicopters for me. I never went on a tour, I only steal them.

Advertisement