Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant 6 stars wanted level?

• 30-06-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So I got the game on Friday. Within one hour of playing I had achieved a six star wanted level twice and since then I've gotten two more.

So far I got the first one when I accidentally ploughed into a bridge guarded by cops. I was dead in seconds.

The second one, I strolled into the airport and was fine for a while, then for no apparent reason, I suddenly had 6-stars????

Third time I was driving a motorbike between the two lanes of a suspension bridge. Was going fine for a while and then about half-way across I got a 6-star rating???

Fourth time I drove a car into the water and swam towards a tanker. All of a sudden 6-stars??

Has anyone else had any random 6-star events? I understand the guarded bridge and the airport but the others seem strange to me.
    Also, can I escape from the cops at 6-stars???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That happens when you try and cross over to the other islands that officially haven't been opened to you. As far as I know its pretty impossible to get rid of 6 stars.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, its for going to a part of the game that your not supposed to be in yet. Its the best way to have fun with the cops. Get the wanted level, and see how long you can survive. Try and get the 6-star wanted achievement, without doing it the pussy way (flying a heli)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, apart from skipping islands when I wasn't supposed to. But I went on to the Little Lacy's Suprise website (;)) at my apartment in Algonquin, WACK!! 5 stars for looking at explicit child images with a message from the cops saying "We know all, we see all" :). Then I went down stairs, killed a few N.O.O.S.E lads to get 6 stars, went back up stairs and watched some tele! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nailz wrote: »
    No, apart from skipping islands when I wasn't supposed to. But I went on to the Little Lacy's Suprise website (;)) at my apartment in Algonquin, WACK!! 5 stars for looking at explicit child images with a message from the cops saying "We know all, we see all" :). Then I went down stairs, killed a few N.O.O.S.E lads to get 6 stars, went back up stairs and watched some tele! :D

And did you play some GTA then ?? :D

KTRIC wrote: »
    And did you play some GTA then ?? :D
    :eek:Oooohhh!!! Durty!!! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

haha.the only way to get rid of 6* is to get to a safe house and save the game. or if u somehow get a decent gap between yourself and the 5-0 u could pay n spray.chances are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

so if u go to an island ur not supposed to be at yet u can look around (albeit very quickly with 6 stars)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

jimmay wrote: »
    so if u go to an island ur not supposed to be at yet u can look around (albeit very quickly with 6 stars)?

Yep :)

I was being chased by cops for a minor misdemeanour over the weekend and ended up on the Railway tracks in a 4x4. I followed the tracks and they went underground. I waited underground in the tunnels for 21 minutes (at 6 stars by this stage) before getting bored and heading further along the tracks. I eventually came out on one of the other islands and lasted less than 1 minute :(

I never got any time bonus for lasting over 20 minutes at 6 stars...how do I get that bonus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yep :)

I was being chased by cops for a minor misdemeanour over the weekend and ended up on the Railway tracks in a 4x4. I followed the tracks and they went underground. I waited underground in the tunnels for 21 minutes (at 6 stars by this stage) before getting bored and heading further along the tracks. I eventually came out on one of the other islands and lasted less than 1 minute :(

I never got any time bonus for lasting over 20 minutes at 6 stars...how do I get that bonus?

No idea, I read that it was 5 minutes at 6 stars but nothing happened. :confused:

I taught it was 5 minutes too. Maybe there is a 20 minute one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If you go into the subway in algonquin, you can quite easily outrun six stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

This is kinda a useless answer and im sure you all know this but lasting 6-10mins on a 6 star wanted level is only on xbox360

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

Also if you have used cheats before the 6 star wanted level it will have blocked that achivement (not sure which cheat blocks it though).

I'd imagine it'd be for avading the cops.

Blisterman wrote: »
    If you go into the subway in algonquin, you can quite easily outrun six stars.
    See below :cool:
    ...and ended up on the Railway tracks in a 4x4. I followed the tracks and they went underground.
    Gazza376 wrote: »
    This is kinda a useless answer and im sure you all know this but lasting 6-10mins on a 6 star wanted level is only on xbox360
    Huh? I don't have a clue what you are saying here. :) I'm using a PS3 if that helps?
    Gazza376 wrote: »
    Also if you have used cheats before the 6 star wanted level it will have blocked that achivement (not sure which cheat blocks it though).
    Nope, I didn't use any cheats, I don't even know any cheats.

Ah well, I'm not too pushed to be honest, it was just a query. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

There are no achievements on PS3 so you get nothing for lasting the 6 stars on PS3. It's only a feature of the Xbox 360 game

Ha ha, an answer to the problem :) Thanks djkeogh.

Achievements are pointless anyway! But the PS3 is getting a system, I'd like to see how much better it's gonna be then the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

PS3 Trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Another way i found of getting 6 stars pretty quickly is-
    • Rob a Fire Engine.
    • Go to a Cop Shop
    • Spray water at a cop constantly and watch yourself gradually get 6 stars within 10 seconds!
    • Take off and enjoy your rampage of the city in a very tough and durable machine! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement