Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wouldn't it be deadly if...

• 30-06-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

When GTA comes on the PC we get greeted with a developers kit.

I mean, its eventually going to be hacked. We all remember the GTA.img injection days of the past. Im not saying i can write anything meaningful, but being able to write cutscene code and mission code would really be helpful if i wanted to create a GTA Tullamore.:pac:

And remember trawling the internet for your favorite car to add to the games, like a Lancer , a Spyder or a Z8..

Cars always look prettier than the "stock" ones in the GTA games too. San Andreas cars were dirt.. But then along came good modellers and made stuff like this:
    sa6_supra_inspired.gif

Sheet, i even have custom cars in my San Andreas for the Xbox classic, there was a whole site dedicated to it.
    1989batmobile1ip2re9.jpg

So to sum it up, it might be a tad unrealistic to drive around a Bugati Veyron trough my quaint little town mod for GTAV, but god dammit, it would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

2shay :P

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Rockstar have said that the chances of them making a port for the PC are very slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

GTA: Cavan, Twin Cams everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Saints Row 2 will be out on the PC later this year...

Meh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

saints row sucks a$$. gtaV will be out of this world. if there is a gta iv port for pc i dont think R* will bother with a V cause that stuff will be modded 2 the max!

saints row sucks a$$. gtaV will be out of this world. if there is a gta iv port for pc i dont think R* will bother with a V cause that stuff will be modded 2 the max!
    Na, I think the next one is likely to be the next version of Vice City. It runs like a series in a series, the first 2 contained all cities. But now the Numberal games are Liberty City, and part of those series is Vice City and San Andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

I think i had read somewhere that there may (But a very slim chance) the GTA IV would be released on the computer withen the next few years was either 2 or 4 years (lol cant remember which).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Isn't GTA IV being released on PC in Sept?

September/October...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Um....where did you guys hear that? There is no PC release planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

bring on GTA Limerick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/40572/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-PC-Launches-November-18th

Now that its coming out i might speculate on the filesystem. With the new game engine (that hasnt been seen on the PC yet), does it seem unlikely that they kept all the old habits, such as the GTA3.img textures file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/40572/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-PC-Launches-November-18th

Now that its coming out i might speculate on the filesystem. With the new game engine (that hasnt been seen on the PC yet), does it seem unlikely that they kept all the old habits, such as the GTA3.img textures file?

Em I might be wrong but I'm sure someone with a game on ps3 or xb360 could put it i their computers and compare its filesystem to say San Andreas to see if there is some sort of a pattern when games get ported.

Seems like alot of hassle I know but if i had a blu ray drive i'd do it.And i havent installed Linux on my Ps3 either.

And the reason why theres no GTA Limerick is because the game would be banned before it even comes out for being too graphicly violent.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah i think that XB360 lads with a drive flashed/modded can see the filesystem. Havent read much on the net though.

Advertisement