Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i change CAO choices?pats or marino

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

help - should i change CAO??Pats or marino
    hi all
    im planning on doing primary teaching this sept....well hoping...i did my LC 4 years ago and got 475points....so now im torn....my choices as now are 1.Pats, 2.Marino, 3.Froebel.....ive weighed up the pros and cons for Pats and Marino and tbh Marino appeals to me more????!!!
    What does everyone think???
    PATS- Pros - extra subject, proximity2me, only3yrs, bigger,
    Cons - extra subject, more hours,exams r after xmas,gaeltacht time cuts into the summer(i.e. working time)

MARINO - Pros - less hours, usetrinnersclubs/socs, examsb4xmas, more practical exp(every fri), gaeltacht during yr rather than end,get to practice Gaeilge daily basis..
    Cons - further away, no extra subject,extra year part time

i'm not too pushed about doing extra subject tbh as none really appeal that much to me anyway...
    please please let me know what you think???

Thanks soo much!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You said Marino appeals to you more. So... go there? And if the extra subject doesn't push you either way, take it out of your list of pros and cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You can always come to Mary I in Limerick... thats if you want to get away from the hectic lifestyle of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

i went to U.L. for 2year and love love love Limerick - oh Mollys, Dorans, Trinity Rooms...how i miss them!!
    would love 2 come back...but moved to Dublin last year with my Boyf as he is just finished MA and starting phD in Trinity this year so there'll be no moving for me for next 3 years!!!
    thanks for the offer tho!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There is the CoE in Rathmines which seems to be a good teacher training school, but it's CoI so it mightn't be up your alley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You need to be of a Reformed Denomination to go through the Church of Ireland College of Education:
    At the present time all available places on the degree course are reserved for those who are members of recognised churches in the Protestant tradition, and who are aware of and willing to support the distinct ethos of Protestant primary schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Why change your first choice!!! You were happy with it in the first place. Did you go around the colleges, meet the lecturers etc? If you got a good feel from your first choice, don't even consider changing it, that's only second guessing yourself. You were originally happy with your first choice, so in my opinion STICK WITH IT!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hum my post vanished??

out of curiousity why not frobel, my sis goes there and loves it, what benifits do others have over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

hum my post vanished??

Nah you just posted it in the wrong thread at first. :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324538

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Nah you just posted it in the wrong thread at first. :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324538

duhhhh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jakkass wrote: »
    You need to be of a Reformed Denomination to go through the Church of Ireland College of Education:

Ahaaa, a spanner in the works!

Could you not just lie?...or would that defeat the purpose of the whole thing?

Actually are there any non-denominational teacher training colleges out there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement