Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning for driveway/dishing

• 30-06-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm based in Crumin (Dublin city council) and want to remove the railing at the front of my house and create a driveway.
    I understand that I need pp for this and then need the council to do the dishing.

However, do I need to get an architect to do drawings for this?

I also want to add a porch and a small boundary wall which are both exempt in theory according to this (which I would need to confirm with the council)

Should I include these two items on my application anyway just for the sake of completeness?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

In theory you dont need planning permission for an exempt development but if selling some solicitors will require a cert of exemption so it ends up being about even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Slig wrote: »
    In theory you dont need planning permission for an exempt development but if selling some solicitors will require a cert of exemption so it ends up being about even.
    All the work isn't exempt

Op, you don't need an architect, but you do need drawings for the PP. Anyone is allowed to do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Mellor wrote: »
    All the work isn't exempt

Op, you don't need an architect, but you do need drawings for the PP. Anyone is allowed to do them.

Sorry about that, I was just referring to the exempt development. obviously the change to the front boundary wall will need pp along with some of the other works

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭BeautifulLoser

Mellor wrote: »

Thanks for the replies!

So, these drawings - are these archatectural drawings of a before/after scenario that would have to be drawn up or are they just site maps/drawings showing my house, the boundary, the road etc. which are available from the council/osi?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

I went through this process in Dublin 12.
    I initially did the site elevation plan with the city council map , the right no. of copies etc. I made the best job I could at getting the planning permission. The planning application got rejected because the drawings werent good enough.
    I eventually got an arcitect, a relative, to do it. I couldnt have done it without him.
    Without the planning permission the City Council wont do the dishing. So if you do the job without planning you would have to do the dishing yourself which is illegal as it is not your property.
    My advice - save time and get a good deal from a local architect to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement