Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Cancelling

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering has anyone had problems cancelling their test? I was meant to have my test on the 24th June, however I had my Leaving Cert this year, and didn't get enough lessons, so I decided to call them to cancel/pospone my test.
    I called them to cancel my test 14 days before I was due to have it, but all I kept getting was an engaged tone. Everyday I tried several times, and still kept getting it.
    Eventually, 8 days before my test, I got through, to an answering machine. I left my message about cancelling, and also left my phone number. I expected I call back later that day, but I never did.
    The next day I decided to email them, thinking I'd get some sort of response.
    Now, a week has passed since I was meant to have my test, and I have got no word about am I being rescheduled, or canceled.
    I have tried calling them again(1890 and 096 number), and its still engaged.
    My question is has anyone else had this problem, I really don't fancy waiting another 9 weeks to do my test. Also their service for dealing with queries/complaints is terrible.
    If anyone can tell me how I can get through to them, I'd be really greatful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Can it not be cancelled online?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can it not be cancelled online?

Asking the OP a question when they state they have "emailed" and phoned:rolleyes: No there is no direct online cancellation. Best of luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

I've emailed and phoned them, but I at least expected a reply from them. See I was going to reschedule myself, but I don't want to spend another €35-40. When it comes to them taking money off you, they reply quick enough, I've noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you should have just done it. the standard of driving examinations have slipped you might have got it. i have had a few friends that have passed first time and i would be seriously worried about what they class as safe competant driving

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Woulda been better off giving it a lash cause the pass rate seems to have got very high in the last few weeks with that law starting to be enforced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

My sister had the exact same problem trying to contact them last month. She was trying to change her test centre and every time she rang them she got an engaged tone.

She once managed to get through to the voice mail and left a message and they never got back to her!

She passed her test in the test centre she didn't want. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved to Learning to Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

I agree. Impossible to get through to them. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I have been trying to get through since the 3rd June.

I tried to cancel my test on 3rd june by leaving a voicemail 3 weeks beforehand. I couldn't get through after that again. They obviously didn't listen to my voicemail as when I turned up at the test centre, my test hadn't been cancelled.

Pain in the t1ts. Its absolutely ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 butterflyer

yeah i found the exact same problem, i just assumed it'd be easy to cancel but it turned out to be a big hassle.. i tried ringing them two days in a row, no reply! so then i e-mailed them, they didnt even acknowledge they'd received the email, i'd quoted my name, ref number, everything they specified but no reply. so anyways, there was exactly 10 days left when i decide i'd better write to them just to put my mind at ease! and it was the letter that got through to them because i got a letter of confirmation of the cancellation and it stated that they had received my letter..
    so i'd advise anyone in the same position, if u cant get through on the phone, dont email, write to them instead and keep a copy of ur letter as proof! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

i posted this on another thread earlier

I feel your pain. My test was supposed to be in April but I had to cancel it because I had college finals etc. I left a message on their cancellation line asked them to ring to confirm that they got the message. I got no answer. I tried ringing back on many occasions, on one I was on hold for an hour and a half and then I was just cut off.

So after trying lots I gave up, test date came and went. After my exams I tried to ring them to no avail, the line was either engaged or i would get through and it would just cut off.

One day I did get through only to talk to someone guy who told me i just hadnt turned up for my test, was talking to him for about 2 minutes and was cut off. *surprise*

Anyway I had emails as proof I had cancelled it. I rang them 3 weeks ago and after 2 days of trying I got to speak to one person who said I would get a test date within a week for the end of July. No letter arrived. I have tried ringing them since and I cant get through.

They are an absolute JOKE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 goldielocks83*

I spent three days last week trying to get through to the Drivingtest centre to cancel my driving test which i was due to have this saturday Sept 20th....eventually after getting no response and being put on hold for ages a friend told me to fax them, so i wrote a letter and faxed it to the centre in Ballina Co. Mayo
    to my surprise I received a letter in the post two days later confirming receipt of my cancellation and also stating that a new test date would be sent to me!

so my advise would be to fax and dont bother even trying to call them!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I spent three days last week trying to get through to the Drivingtest centre to cancel my driving test which i was due to have this saturday Sept 20th....eventually after getting no response and being put on hold for ages a friend told me to fax them, so i wrote a letter and faxed it to the centre in Ballina Co. Mayo
    to my surprise I received a letter in the post two days later confirming receipt of my cancellation and also stating that a new test date would be sent to me!

so my advise would be to fax and dont bother even trying to call them!:)

Bit of a dilemma myself, my first and hopefully only driving test is scheduled for Tuesday week and the next morning i have a big exam to do which was only confirmed today.
    Question is, if i were to fax them today to cancel would i be back on bottom of waiting list ?
    Want to concentrate solely on exam but have waited ages for this driving test :mad:
    Thinking just putting my eggs all in one basket and go for both.
    But don't want a possible failure in driving test distracting my exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

derra wrote: »
    driving test is scheduled for Tuesday week and the next morning i have a big exam to do which was only confirmed today.
    Question is, if i were to fax them today to cancel would i be back on bottom of waiting list ?
    Yes and you will also forfeit the fee as you will be giving less than 10 working day's notice.

Inform them that you are willing to be tested after that date at very short notice and you may be assigned a cancellation slot.

Advertisement