Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best insurance company

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

hi, im looking to get car insurance in my own name and i was just wondering who is everyones preference if you have been with more than one or even if you are with the same one for a number of years (that clearly shows they are good) price is not the main issue with me, i prefer level of service and care etc, if these are good then i wouldn't mind paying a bit more (nothing crazy now!!) so what do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Im with Glennons in Dublin(allianz)last 10 yrs and no problems,
    they very quick to sort out claims, we have both cars with them and also house insurance.
    but do try www.bestquote.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I was with McCarthy's Insurance for 2 years with Royal & Sun Alliance. Never had any dealings with them. Now I'm with insure.ie (Axa), broke down on the M50 at 3 o'clock on a Saturday morning a few months ago and they sent someone up in 30 minutes. Very nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmybobby

id go to a local broker if your looking for service. www.iba.ie for a list of them. or www.easyquote.ie if your over 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Found FBD great for car insurance. beat AXA by miles and I had been with AXA for 10 or more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I recently changed to one direct, part of AnPost I think but found them very good. The staff on the phone very helpful. I had been trying around at the time and some of the other companies I would not describe them as friendly on the phone, and then as it turned out they were the cheapest.

Also no problems paying monthly or without dd etc. Been a few months now at this staged no complaints, but like anything, you really want them when things go wrong which hasnt happened to me,, touch wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lizzykins wrote: »
    Found FBD great for car insurance. beat AXA by miles and I had been with AXA for 10 or more years.

now this i am genuinely interested in! what do you mean they beat axa by miles? 10 years with them they must have done something wrong for you to switch!

Advertisement