Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Diesel/Petrol Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

so road trip to ballon guys, whose up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

shudder at the thought of unnecessary trips through Ballon:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

aynon wrote: »
    so road trip to ballon guys, whose up for it?

5 minute trips aren't really road trips? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Tougher Athy seems to be selling Diesel 88.9 for and Petrol for 91.9.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    5 minute trips aren't really road trips? :p

well when a small tanker is involved......road trip....

• Advertisement

most stations in town seem to be 91.9 petrol, 88.9 diesel, this is due to rise by 3c a litre from tonight so fill up now.

big increases lately, the aveerage diesel price in Carlow is 96.9 and petrol 99.9

apparently the reason is, that the strenght of the dollar. if its weak, the arabs have to increase cost to pay to pump it. would it not be an idea to change it to euro? as the euro has been a very stable currency for the past 10 years, and into the recession its still pretty strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its a load of bull the Dollar is at €1.28 it hasn't moved that much since xmas, the price of of a Barrell of oil spiked a little back to $50 just after xmas but has been back down to around $40 since. The excuse they used recently was that the price of refined petrol (EN228) and diesel had gone up which is bull as I stated on the Joe Duffy show before xmas

Villain wrote: »
    Its a load of bull the Dollar is at €1.28 it hasn't moved that much since xmas, the price of of a Barrell of oil spiked a little back to $50 just after xmas but has been back down to around $40 since. The excuse they used recently was that the price of refined petrol (EN228) and diesel had gone up which is bull as I stated on the Joe Duffy show before xmas

where you on with Joe? but agreed it's ridiculous and is bull

• Advertisement

I was around early November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

You need to learn a bit about fuel pricing, then you'd realise that stations make feck all from fuel. In fact a 3.50 sanwich has a bigger gross profit tha a 60 litre fill of petrol!

Current calculations - this is the price you'' see in about 2 weeks.

Cost of refined fuel - 27c (based on $1.28/ €1.00 & $1.29 per US Gallon (3.8litres) for refined gasoline)

Duty - 50.79c (fixed no matter what price fuel is)

Retailer & Distributor costs 12c (rent, wages, credit card commissions, esb, marketing etc)

VAT @ 21.5% on above 19c

Grand total = €1.08. There's normally a 2 week delay in prices rising & falling, so expect this to hit in about 10 days.

For diesel users, the news is not too bad - prices should stay about 98c

If you heard my discussion you would know I understand, I don't blame the stations its the large wholsalers that are ripping us off, take BP for example their profits during the high price times were way ahead of projections.

darc wrote: »
    You need to learn a bit about fuel pricing, then you'd realise that stations make feck all from fuel. In fact a 3.50 sanwich has a bigger gross profit tha a 60 litre fill of petrol!

Current calculations - this is the price you'' see in about 2 weeks.

Cost of refined fuel - 27c (based on $1.28/ €1.00 & $1.29 per US Gallon (3.8litres) for refined gasoline)

Duty - 50.79c (fixed no matter what price fuel is)

Retailer & Distributor costs 12c (rent, wages, credit card commissions, esb, marketing etc)

VAT @ 21.5% on above 19c

Grand total = €1.08. There's normally a 2 week delay in prices rising & falling, so expect this to hit in about 10 days.

For diesel users, the news is not too bad - prices should stay about 98c

F*** me side ways with a rake, now that was informative, so buy petrol now?

know that over 50% of fuel was govement but didnt know what the other percentages were made up of.

thanks for the info!

darc wrote: »

Where did you get this calculation from? and you forgot the National Oil Reserves Agency levy of €0.01 per litre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Where did you get this calculation from? and you forgot the National Oil Reserves Agency levy of €0.01 per litre

A friend of mine used to operate the maxol station in blessington many moons ago - I helped on the pricing side. Back then the station made 6p (old money) per litre, but if she was willing to cut this to 4p, then the distributor would also match that cut.

petrol on the risen again, jaisis 1.10 almost a litre riduculous

pretty sure its still 104.8 for petrol out in top out by the dolmen....

pretty sure its still 104.8 for petrol out in top out by the dolmen....

never went out that way

its out by brownshill dolmen just beyond autoimage, about 250 yards. great little station

• Advertisement

its out by brownshill dolmen just beyond autoimage, about 250 yards. great little station

i know sir, sorry meant to say i never went out that way in the last while, i always come in the new road, but never seem to pass candy's at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Today I got petrol for €1.13

Keenan's Garage
    Pollerton Road

It's sneaking way back up! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Diesel is still under €1/litre so I'm still ok.

i'm on both and its bloody crazy the prices, even diesel is too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I hear you there Pat, but i changed ages ago to Bio fuels saving a fortune

super-rush wrote: »
    I hear you there Pat, but i changed ages ago to Bio fuels saving a fortune

costs a good bit to change over though, i considered it when i was commuting to dublin alright, but dont think id do it now

Didn't cost a penny. I didn't need to convert my car. I ran an Opel Astra on Bio Ethanol, an Opel Omega on Bio Diesel and a Citroen Xsara on Bio Ethanol, also a friend of mine runs his Renault van on Bio Diesel and he didn't have to make any alterations at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

This is true most diesels are fully capable of running on Bio diesel with no changes (apart from maybe changing your fuel filter at 9k instead of 18k)

Just don't tell your dealer if you are looking for warranty on something..:D

I also have another friend who runs his van on vegetable oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

super-rush wrote: »
    I also have another friend who runs his van on vegetable oil

vegetable oil mix?? or straight??

Advertisement