Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A shed type structure to house a pool table?

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

This might be completely off the wall or make no sense to ye but I wanted to throw out this idea and see what people made of it. I'm currently finalising the design on a 3 bed detached house I'll be building in Cork City. I have an idea I want to explore for the garden.

At the moment the house will have a 89m squared garden. There is a small sunroom leading to the garden. The site is slightly elevated and will be west by southwest facing.

I want to maximise the use of this garden as its light and aspect are really nice. I also want a pool/snooker table and was trying to come up with the best way of fitting this in. i'm also planning a small decked pation area off to the side of the sunroom in which i plan to fit a hot tub (a small one I imagine - maybe a 3/4 person one at most)

In my ideal plan the decking and hottub are at the south of the garden - just outside the kitchen window. I want to have a durable/good quality 'shed' across from this in the north side of the garden that will house the pool table - i want the side of the shed to be a sliding door system so that when the weathers good and im hanging out the back having barbecues people are chilling in the hot tub, hanging around on the decking eating , sunbathing on the grass and the 'pool room' can be opened up to make it part of the garden.

the idea being that the 'shed' area becomes part of the garden and can be used and maintained even when the weathers crap

Does this type of 'shed exist'?

Has anyone ever seen something like this or can they link me to pictures of something,like this?

in my mind the shed would be a very durable metal one with proper felted/corrugated roof and a poured concrete floor

This might sound very amateurish but what are the planning restrictions on something like this - when does it stop being a garden shed requiring no planning and become a structure that requires planning permission?

Thanks to anyone who can help advise.

Amp

Comments

Advertisement