Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observer Sports Monthly - British track team

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

The online article is here - might be a bit long for computer screen but for anyone who didn't get the paper yesterday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/jun/29/cycling.olympicgames2008

It's amazing how rigourous and scientific their training schedule is. I felt sick, tired and guilty reading this after my Sunday dinner. Great example of how to use lottery funds in elite sport. I wish them well in Beijing. Does Ireland have a similar programme in any discipline?
    'With the power we produce, you do a lot of muscle damage, people can't understand that, because they can't put themselves in that situation,' Staff says. And who, indeed, can empathise with a body that produces 2,000 watts of power, with rotational torque on the start line that is briefly almost twice that of a Formula One car, not to mention legs that can spin the pedals at four revolutions a second?

Advertisement