Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds in Tramore???

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has anybody heard the rumor that Mc Donalds have bought Misty`s (opposite Freddies on strand road) and are due to open new restaurant soon?:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nope... never heard that. The unit is far to small anyway for a Maccy Ds

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

nope not heard it either will have to keep an ear out, would make sense tho with the shopping centre going in the same area and as McDonald comes prefabricated they would just use the land and demolish Mistys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I highly doubt Misty's was sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Doesn't have to be sold the owners of Misty could have bought a McD's franchise so they would still own the land etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shanemul wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be sold the owners of Misty could have bought a McD's franchise so they would still own the land etc

Another very unlikely thing to happen. If anything, they would retire. There is a big difference between running a small little place like Mistys and McD's. :) Furthermore, I really dont think the land is big enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

It would be a prime location alright for a McD's but the premises would need to be extended as with the standard specs for a kitchen and prep area that McD's have, they wouldnt fit it in there..

Surprised they havent put one in Tramore yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Magicalmac

I heard that McDonald's were trying to get planning for a Drive-Thru up beside the new Tesco site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dixie24

i did hear that only the other day!! dunno how true it is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alicec

Totally Untrue. Stop listening to idle gossip. No planning permission saught.

Rumour has it that Boards.ie are running a project in conjuction with McDonalds to buy out every chipper in Tramore!

It must be true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Boards.ie are running a project in conjuction with McDonalds to buy out every chipper in Tramore!

It must be true!

lol:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

heard this again yesterday off someone who is norally in the know about these things - I was surprised as I ahd to it down to complete rumour!
    On thinking about it M'D's do have tiny little outlets in holiday resorts out foreign and stuff - so in fact maybe the site is large enough for something like that -
    I dont know if I would like to see a M'D's in Tramore though! we need some more decent restaurants in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

would any of ye think a macdonalds would be bad for tramore?
    and a purely personal opinion i think the food is awful

SUNGOD wrote: »
    would any of ye think a macdonalds would be bad for tramore?
    and a purely personal opinion i think the food is awful

I'm on the bench.. not sure. What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Someone on the OH's FB reckons this is starting tomorrow. A drive through up beside Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A McDonalds beside the new school? Is that really a good idea - well McDonalds and the kids will probably think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Mugser wrote: »
    Someone on the OH's FB reckons this is starting tomorrow. A drive through up beside Lidl.

Ahahaha! Tommy will be delighted to see so many people have fallen for yet another one of his nonsense status's on FB...! :D

Seriously like, do you honestly think that McDonald's could have applied for planning and got to the stage of starting work on the restaurant, and a couple of people on FB are the only ones who've heard of it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Itchianus wrote: »

Ahahaha! Tommy will be delighted to see so many people have fallen for yet another one of his nonsense status's on FB...! :D

Seriously like, do you honestly think that McDonald's could have applied for planning and got to the stage of starting work on the restaurant, and a couple of people on FB are the only ones who've heard of it???

Go on Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

The only McDonalds that you'll see in Tramore is R. McDonald & Sons Builders. They're the developers of the Summerhill Shopping Centre, up by Tesco and Lidl

Advertisement