Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards 200

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Sounds good to me Blorg!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

So we meet at 7.00 and take off at 7.30 , from UCD. maybe a new thread should be started there because it's getting very messy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

new thread created for start time/location.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055335484

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Parole application resubmitted with changes.

Parole granted. Count me in for the 125km meeting at the sports hall in UCD at 7.30 (same place the W200 started?). Be nice to me, I haven't done over 70km since the Wicklow 200.

Now lets start praying for some decent weather.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Parole granted. Count me in for the 125km meeting at the sports hall in UCD at 7.30 (same place the W200 started?). Be nice to me, I haven't done over 70km since the Wicklow 200.

Now lets start praying for some decent weather.

Good show. The meeting point is the back entrance gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 manofthemoment

Could anyone google map this for a poor ignorant country boy?! There's definately access and parking there in UCD?

Thanks!

Could anyone google map this for a poor ignorant country boy?! There's definately access and parking there in UCD?

Thanks!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.309852,-6.22766&spn=0.017128,0.037594&z=15&msid=113920163981166772834.000452358f35732bf3b20

Front and back entrances marked. We shall be meeting at the back one. Based on Wicklow 200 experience, it will be locked and will have no car access. I expect that the front one will be open, but I don't know what the parking situation would be for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Thanks!

UCD back gates were closed the morning of the wicklow 200.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm also defecting to the 125km.

el tonto wrote: »
    I'm also defecting to the 125km.

Anything we can do to change your mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »

I'm guessing shortening the course :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Probably not unfortunately. Hate to let the side down, but I'm quite fatigued and just don't feel up for an entire day in the saddle.

Probably not unfortunately. Hate to let the side down, but I'm quite fatigued and just don't feel up for an entire day in the saddle.

Not to worry. RogerB and myself have been discussing the merits of doing the 125 route if the weather is any way inclement (don't you just love that word?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi folks,

Was thinking about Saturday’s spin. Heart wants to do the 200 but head is saying that shouldn’t push knee too far (don’t ask!). Could someone show me the link for the final version of the route for each (200 and 125) so I can decide? Ta. Must say, fair ball to all you that went out Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday – legend! I was please with myself for just doing Sunday…..Ta.

Cadex wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Was thinking about Saturday’s spin. Heart wants to do the 200 but head is saying that shouldn’t push knee too far (don’t ask!). Could someone show me the link for the final version of the route for each (200 and 125) so I can decide? Ta. Must say, fair ball to all you that went out Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday – legend! I was please with myself for just doing Sunday…..Ta.

They are the same as the links in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 manofthemoment

I live a couple of hundred metres off the route, so, I'm going to wait for ye at the gateway just after Mount Venus Rd. before the start of that sharp climb to the Hellfire club. If there is a guy in a blue jersey on a white Lapierre there it's me, if I'm not there it must be raining....

I live a couple of hundred metres off the route, so, I'm going to wait for ye at the gateway just after Mount Venus Rd.

Oh, we'll have to check the rule book on that one... the BSO (Boards Sports Organisation) will get back to you. You've probably already tested positive for EPO anyway.

Sorry, I'm bitter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Have a good one everybody, hope you get a great day for it. Won't be there myself, but on the plus side, I am ordering my Cayo today, so looking forward to joining a spin very soon.

Take it handy.

Oh, we'll have to check the rule book on that one... the BSO (Boards Sports Organisation) will get back to you. You've probably already tested positive for EPO anyway.

Hey, if anyone is going to be peeing in a cup, it's you, Mr. Ricardo Ricco of the Northside.

Hey, if anyone is going to be peeing in a cup, it's you, Mr. Ricardo Ricco of the Northside.

I prefer, "Cobra", thank you very much.

• Advertisement

I prefer, "Cobra", thank you very much.

"Il Cobra" to be more precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tutschel

Let's have some sprint events on the downhills to make it more exciting, especially on the steep windy bits... Nothing like a good surge of adrenaline to make up for lack of EPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

I'm going to wait for ye at the gateway just after Mount Venus Rd.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Bike not arriving til Monday...:( Have a good one and hopefully I'll manage to join one of the midweek spins next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi lads (& Caroline?), hope you had a good day. I did try and meet up but was at UCD at 7:45 (late!). By this stage, I'd met Guillaume who's a near regular on the Boards spins. We reckoned you'd probably 'pause' at Enniskerry so thought we'd try and catch you there. Anyway, of course we didn't find you and didn't have the map, so struck out for Sally Gap using the W200 route. The weather was more and more 'inclement' until we stopped and sorted out what gear we could use. Guillaume, had shorts, a top and a Gilet; I had shorts, base layer, top, rain jacket, gilet and leggies so I gave him the Gilet as another layer. Man, by the time we were up on Sally Gap it was horizontal wind and rain- charming! We decided we'd see how things were at the junction. At that point, we decided on quick route home, so over Lugala to Roundwood (tea-break) and then home via the Sugar Loaf, Enniskerry and Dundrum. The weather improving all the while (Grrr!). In the end, Dist. 105k, elapsed 6hrs, cycling 4:41hrs, max 63.4k, ave 22.4 so not too bad. Of course, the sun came out when I was at home cleaning the muck off the bike.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hi!!!

Cadex: you probably missed us by a couple of minutes, because I am pretty sure we left around 7:45.

I think people have been starting to talk about the spins on the 'Boards 200 start time threads'

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tutschel

Thanks everbody for a great day out cycling yesterday, especially the three of you I, M & B (you know well who you are!) who made it out over the b200 with me (sorry, between matching up names and pseudonyms, still not sure on the boards etiquette re real names, hence only first initial).
    Was really nice to meet such a great bunch like you all. :)
    So when is the 330 scheduled - I know blorg is in, as he clearly put his money where his mouth was yesterday, dedicatedly following (albeit in front) me up for one last assault of the Sally Gap from the East! Respect!!!
    The last couple of descents were totally out of control..... I wish you could have been there M to watch me. You would have seen I was telling the truth when I said I was taking her real handy down from the Sally Gap in the morning over the bridge and corner after. ;) Overtook cars around the outside of bends, laid Miss Airbourne over at angles where the rims were nearly making contact with the road. Made a mockery of every car I came across, i.e. made them look like they were standing still. :cool:
    All in all a great way to finish a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Advertisement