Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Game

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Ok Any one know how I go about selling Half Life 2

My stream account has DOD addon and something else ,I dont use it anymore.And Am not sure how goes goes about selling this on

Any help

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Off the top of my head I dont think you can transfer games between steam accounts , so its basically unsellable, sorry.
    I had this problem before when a mate wanted to give me his old copy of HL2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Joeface

Great so what ur saying is im stuck with it

anyway selling off most of my old games . see adverts for details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

well you could just sell your steam account details and then when the buyer logs in they'll have access to your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

IIRC if you bought The Orange Box, Steam would let you gift any of the components you already had to another account. I can't remember where I heard this, though.

So there may yet be a way of selling your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Fnz wrote: »
    IIRC if you bought The Orange Box, Steam would let you gift any of the components you already had to another account. I can't remember where I heard this, though.

So there may yet be a way of selling your game.

thats true. i had hl2 and episode 1 before getting the orange box and after getting it, it allowed me to "gift" both games to another steam account.
    Then again, it prolly defeats the point entirely if hes tryin to sell em in the first place. Mind you the orange box is fantastic and you'd be mad to sell it :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement