Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waking up to see people in my room

• 30-06-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

does anyone wake up to find people in their room. (not next to you snoring).
    i keep seeing people like e.g a woman about 6-7 foot tall with black armour on and she was looking directly at me! i even saw myself walking around the room the other night,which was a little creepy...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems the dream lingers in your conciousness after waking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

no,the people that i wake up to were/are not in my dreams!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Its probably your spirit helper. Just ask her the next time who she is and what does she want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it is not your spirit helper, you are still dreaming. it happens to alot of people.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

no,the people that i wake up to were/are not in my dreams!
    it is not your spirit helper, you are still dreaming. it happens to alot of people.

Okay but OP seems pretty confident they are in her house and not her dreams

**shrugs shoulders and wanders off **

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

i keep seeing people like e.g a woman about 6-7 foot tall with black armour on and she was looking directly at me! i even saw myself walking around the room the other night,which was a little creepy...:confused:

ive had dreams when younger like this, couldnt explain why.

does it freak you out? do u talk to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd go with this explaination. I've often "woken up" and still been dreaming..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

That has happened me too, but I was only falling asleep at the time so would not have been in dream sleep. I saw a big man standing beside my bed, he wore old fashioned clothes and had a red beard. It hasnt happened since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

i sit up and just look at them doing what they are doing!
    i had a reading off of a psychic who i really connected with,i didnt speak to her before hand who said that there was a woman around me,a russian woman who liked me that much that she is now mine. i couldnt believe what i was hearing as i kept waking up one night and my johnny depp calender (his face) morphed into a woman...with the whole fur hat and brooches and shawl. it became regular and i used to sit there for about 5 minutes at my calender.
    i then recently went to a palm reader who said i was russian in my previous life.
    going off the subject but i guess as a psychic myself i have different opinions.

i just wanted to know if this happens to anyone else and for them to share their experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

This hasn't happened to me, but a friend of mine said he used to wake up in the night, and there would be a tall man, about 7 foot all in black looking at him from the corner of the room. He said it happened a good few times spaced out over a few months, The weird thing is he said the figure made him feel calm, and he just went back to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Doop

Happened to me once i woke up during the night and there was a child (boy maybe 12-14yo) jus staring at me from the far corner of the room... like a demon child :mad: , freaked me out completely... hasnt happened since thank god. :eek: (fyi theres no children in my house!)

I also have a friend who reckons he gets attacked during his sleep, throwen from his bed to the floor, or a feeling of being strangled... that sh*it is wack..
    i reckon its in his head, in that he does wake up after landing on the floor, but he could jus be a manic sleeper, he's actually relcutant to talk about it, which makes it all the mroe real !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭birdie08

hey i know how you feel,
    There called night tremors..I get them, I think im awake and see things eg. people or objects and I talk to them etc. majority of the time I wont recal my speach or screams but iv been told. Its a horrible feeling as the following morn im really tired and tend to have sore throat:confused: I started to record my dreams as in when they happen, it tends to be when Im busy stressed or have an upcoming event in my life. You must not focus too much on them and just accept it, there could be a deeper meaning to them but why stress over them, you could be better off not knowing the true meaning....

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

ya used to happen to me when I was younger not happen in past few years. It can also be stress thing apparantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

they are quiet common, i had aful terror for years but when i ask my doctor about them, he explained that they are common, your mind wakes up but body stays asleep so u cant move, hallucinations and feelings of someone in the room are very common as well. Mine stopped as soon as my doctor told me what they were. Its ur mind playing tricks on u basically

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its quite common actually. There are legit scientific explanations for it though so thankfully nearly all cases can be explained!

I sympathise a great deal with sleep paralysis/old hag syndrome sufferers though. Awful affliction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Its ur mind playing tricks on u basically

It is infact your docter playing tricks on you. Trying to stop you getting in contact with your spirit helper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Conspiracy! I'm listening... *raises eyebrow*

On a serious note, I have woken up from dreams before....really believing I was actually awake. Still dreaming though. Would turn into a nightmare sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KrazyLikeafox

ya, have also been through the whole sleep paralysis thing myself.

It is pretty scary first time it happens, because you dont know whats going on. but when you know about it, you just accept it next time it happens. I have woken and unable to move, but i know that i will come around after a while.

Also have seen figures in the room, some scary looking creatures, but didnt bother me. Its something got to do with the trigger that wakes your sleep part of the brain, and some pulse just doesnt realease at the right time.

Apparently it affects 1 in 6 people. was surprised at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Only happened to me once in my parents house where i seen my granny
    I couldnt move and her hand want on me as in patting me in soothing way
    It was a nice feeling - was kinda asleep at the time

Has not happened since - moved into new house few years ago
    But get the feeling now and again of people about (who have passed)
    I know I dont have the gift (like you follower) but can be abit freaky (my mother calls me physco not physic - as joke) about some things

Advertisement