Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ncb info?

Options
  • 30-06-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering has anyone had any leighway with insurers regarding there ncb?

After inception of a policy a month ago,it turns out im just over a month (34 days exactly) short of a full 5 years ncb.The insurer wont budge and is looking for an additional €150 for the year and only classing what i have as 4 years ncb.

I wouldnt mind if it was even half a year but being out by just a month seems fairly crap,is my only option to cough up to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

well where does it stop then ??

How old are you? im 29 but 34 days short of 30 do i get a reuction
    how old is your car ? its a 2007 but i bought it in decemeber so you can call it a 08
    how old is your named driver ? 17 but nearly 18 so lets call that 18.
    what size engine is in the car? well its a 1798 CC so lets call that a 1.7

see where its goin??
    5 years is 5 years. not 4 years and 11 months

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tell your next insurer, maybe they'll give you a 5y NCB premium.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just curious OP, how'd you end up in that situation?
    Did you cancel a previous policy early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I was in the same situation moving from Quinn to ARB with a trade policy, I was 2 or more months short of 5 years and they gave me the full 5 years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Going thru my documents i appeared to have cancelled a policy a 3 years ago with a month left,i had sold my car and figured why waste the money when i knew i presumed i would be waiting awhile as i was importing,altho was actually issued with a full 2 years ncb at the time and 2 other companies since accepted it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement