Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottlenecking I think?

Options
  • 30-06-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey Guys, I think my current setup is bottlenecking since I bought a new graphics card a few months ago. I just purchased Mass Effect the other week and I noticed a slow down at some points, I know it cannot be due to my graphics card hence it must be my processor/mobo combo. I am currently running:

Core 2 Duo E6300
    Gigabyte GA-945P S3 Ver. 1
    2 GB OCZ DDR 2 667 Ram
    XFX 8800GT

I bought the mobo and CPU in america 2 years ago when they first came out, I am thinking about upgrading, what price do you think I could get for the mobo/cpu?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Depends on the game, in some games that will bottleneck more noticeably then others. Why not overclock? Plenty of life left in an E6300 to be honest - it will reach 3Ghz no problems; even at an effortless 2.4-2.6Ghz it will fly through anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No real need to upgrade like TF said. althought that board is really getting a bit long in the tooth now. Would be no harm in upgrading it. The cpu ram and gfx are all fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crianp

Thanks guys, I did have it overclocked at one stage but had no accurate way to gauge the temps hence I reverted back to the stock frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

crianp wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I did have it overclocked at one stage but had no accurate way to gauge the temps hence I reverted back to the stock frequency.

:rolleyes: CoreTemp

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

crianp wrote: »

I really wouldnt worry bout the temps on an e6300, if you really do manage to overheat it, it will throttle down itself (as long as you didnt disable the option in the BIOS).
    Its really hard to kill one of those chips, its taken everything ive thrown at it for nearly 2 years now, my cpu fan had poped off a while ago and temps only reached 65 degrees @ 2.6 GHz!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement