Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to apply for job?

• 30-06-2008 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi i just finished my accounting and finance degree frm Griffith college Dublin. i got overall 75%. so anybody can tell me wht are my options? i want to do full time job and part time ACCA. i have checked the big 4 websites. they do not need any staff at the moment, probably they need in september. but right now i m unemployee. i dont want to waste time. so where else i can apply. thnx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

09_09 wrote: »
    hi i just finished my accounting and finance degree frm Griffith college Dublin. i got overall 75%. so anybody can tell me wht are my options? i want to do full time job and part time ACCA. i have checked the big 4 websites. they do not need any staff at the moment, probably they need in september. but right now i m unemployee. i dont want to waste time. so where else i can apply. thnx in advance.

If you need any relevant job in accountancy quickly to start on your experience requirements for ACCA then I strongly suggest financial services (Funds). Not the most glamourous type of accountancy job, but you dhouls be able to get a job here quickly as there is a job shortage at the moment. 6 months to a year doing funds will make you a hot commodity for any other type of accounts Role.
    PPM me for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Audit is another area that is high in demand. However, you should still be bale to get in at a small-medium size practice. I went throug the ACCA and ACA website as well as goldenpages.ie. I interviewed and received offers from several small practices, but I will be at a Big4 since I decided to do Audit and got in during their late rounds. Good luck.

Here is a link to the ACCA website. This it to the page with current openings in Ireland.

You can still check out the mid-tier firms, as well as the bigger firms. If there is a position or two, you may have to look under current vacancies instead of graduate opportunities. I believe BDO Xavier has a vacancy post for Corporate Recovery.

Good luck. Small practices just might be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

Climber wrote: »
    If you need any relevant job in accountancy quickly to start on your experience requirements for ACCA then I strongly suggest financial services (Funds). Not the most glamourous type of accountancy job, but you dhouls be able to get a job here quickly as there is a job shortage at the moment. 6 months to a year doing funds will make you a hot commodity for any other type of accounts Role.
    PPM me for details

first of all, thnx for reply my friend. i m gonna register with ACCA 2morrow and hopefully i will post my transcripts in 1-2 days because i still did not get final transcript. and job...there is no job ryt now in big 4. they will start to recruit in september hopefully...lo..any idea where else i can apply, can i use recruiting agencies?l

Audit is another area that is high in demand. However, you should still be bale to get in at a small-medium size practice. I went throug the ACCA and ACA website as well as goldenpages.ie. I interviewed and received offers from several small practices, but I will be at a Big4 since I decided to do Audit and got in during their late rounds. Good luck.

i should do the same. thnx for letting me know. because i m interested in Tax or Auditing

• Advertisement

Here is a link to the ACCA website. This it to the page with current openings in Ireland.

You can still check out the mid-tier firms, as well as the bigger firms. If there is a position or two, you may have to look under current vacancies instead of graduate opportunities. I believe BDO Xavier has a vacancy post for Corporate Recovery.

Good luck. Small practices just might be your best bet.

but my friend they wont let me in without experience and friend where is the link. well i will try hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Look at the mid tier firms. Anybody with an insolvency arm is mad busy now. Mid tier practice will get you the best experience.

Look at the mid tier firms. Anybody with an insolvency arm is mad busy now. Mid tier practice will get you the best experience.

name some of them if u can. because i dont have much knowledge abt it i have to give essential professional exams. what do u think which college is best in ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

• Advertisement

thanx for the help but mostly companies has freezed the recruitments until september. lets see what will happen?

thnx very much friend

If you are still looking for a job, there's a training vacancies link that was posted on 27 June 2008. The link is an excel file with a list of practices that still have vacancies. It might be worth checking out.

http://www.icai.ie/careers/forms.cfm

If you are still looking for a job, there's a training vacancies link that was posted on 27 June 2008. The link is an excel file with a list of practices that still have vacancies. It might be worth checking out.

http://www.icai.ie/careers/forms.cfm

thnx very much..u r a star...well i have applied all dublin jobs its nearly 80 jobs..lets see anybody will reply or not...but hope for the best...thnx again...

Advertisement