Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crashed again...

• 30-06-2008 1:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm ive had my second game "crash" yesterday on the 360. (the first time was abotu 2 days after i got)

yesterday i was between missions on the second island (the missions where you get the suit for the interview in the law firm. Game crashed as i was cruising along. wasnt a happy punter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh dear. Sorry about that, is it completely fucked now? My PS3 version hasn't yet. Is it to do with the game or the console?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Havent reloaded it since but i presume its ok. No scratches on the disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

faceman wrote: »
    Havent reloaded it since but i presume its ok. No scratches on the disk.
    Ah sure it wouldn't be Microsoft without a few unexpected crashes. I think they do it on purpose so you become emotionally attached to their products, you get in so many shouting matches and can hate it so much at times it's like dealing with a person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't remember any crashes when in single player (on 360), but I've had a few oddities with multiplayer. I've got stuck on loading screens a few times, not had the patience to wait, and went back to the dashboard.

Ah can't be too bad if there's no scractes, never crashed on me though on my 60 Gb PS3, but it crashed to a lad I know whom also has a 360. Is it a 360 format problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Nailz wrote: »
    Ah can't be too bad if there's no scractes, never crashed on me though on my 60 Gb PS3, but it crashed to a lad I know whom also has a 360. Is it a 360 format problem?

i'm convinced its the DVD-drive on my end anyway... just crashes in random places sometimes when there's heavy loading. pain in the hole. really taking the shine of such a whopper game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Thats odd i've been having the exact same problems with my 360 the last few days. It keeps freezing a few mins after i start a game. I don't get any red rings.
    I thought it might be the disc so i tried another game and same thing. Its even starting to happen on the arcade games.
    I'm on my third xbox in year and a half but the other ones always got the red ring of death. Might it have something to do with recent xbox updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

Nailz wrote: »

haha.long live ps3!!!never had a problem with my 60gb ps3! as soon as in game music on xmb happens i'll never look at a 360 again...

A fanboy from Meath, I'd be very annoyed if I've ever seen you... :D Only messing. How much of a discount did you get on your PS3!! Haha!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

just playin nailz.respect to MS for gettin the formula for the xbox1 and 360 so bang on considering how new they are to the console game.but i just think the ps3 is sexier and xmb is better layed out than dashboard.and as far as games go the only game that ever crashed on me was assasins creed but there was a patch for that a week later so its all gud in the hud boi. i almost forgot XB live. yeh its a better service but come on who is the hell is going to pay for that on top of their broadband.once home is actually itroduced there'll be some big changes....and can you install another OS on the 360 with out hacking it to bits?NOPE!

i better keep this on topic....uh gta has never crashed on me although i've noticed minor FPS drop in certain areas off the game that arent very graphically intense:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I know pal, I just find it funny the way Meath people a main, so I had to get that dig in!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I haven't had any crashes with GTA4 on my PS3, but PGR4 crashes bloody lots :mad: Game just freezes, no red rings or any of that. Only way to get it going again is to power off the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

ah i taught it was my disc f**king up on me all the time, but if it happened to you aswell its probably just a general problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

brennaldo wrote: »
    ah i taught it was my disc f**king up on me all the time, but if it happened to you aswell its probably just a general problem

Only a minority, it happens on both consoles.

Advertisement