Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: Sasha Auto

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    Im currently on the look out for a used car and from Galwaymotoring.ie I am finding a lot of links to Sasha Auto, BALLYBANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, TUAM ROAD. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this dealer and has any recommendations / warnings for me. I am new to Galway, just moved here for work and as such need to upgrade the car and wondering if you guys could give me any feedback.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Texted a friend who works up in Ballybane IndEst, and he said that all he's heard is that they're Polish. No word on good/bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The GF went up there to look at a car last week.
    The person dealing with her (Non Irish) said that it had never been crashed.

So I rang a mechanic friend of mine who works in another garage up there and he popped up for a look. Said that there had been front end damage, and a bad repair at that (Sasha Auto also seem to do car repairs) and that there were a few other things that werent appealing

Enough said really

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A friend bought a used car there and traded old in. I went along to check it out and it seemed good enough. I've had experiences with dodgy Russians but these guys seemed ok.
    Note that she almost didn't get a receipt for giving him money.

As always take the car for a test drive on the dual carriageway and some side streets. Listen to and look at engine and if you're not sure - walk away. There are 100s of cars around Galway that you could buy instead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thanks. See I thought something was up when they didnt have a non-mobile number.
    I am from Limerick myself, and a similar set up was caught, again, owned by Poles (Not that that matters) But again, passing clocked and crashed cars as "bargains" to get a fast turnaround. They were caught and are out of business now.
    Wondering if they maybe moved straight up to Galway!

Thanks biko.
    Are you a mechanic yourself? I am looking also for someone to come along with me and do some checks as I am not too confident of my ability to spot a lemon and it seems quite difficult to get a mechanic in Galway. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

There are some good deals to be got at reputable dealers right now as car sales have taken a nose dive. Always get a history check done on a car, you can do that by going to a site like www.cartell.ie or www.motorcheck.ie. Well worth the €20 odd for peace of mind.

Thats true Bass Cadet. But again, I would even prefer to have a mechanic there to check a few things too before forking over my wad of cake. Hard to find in Galway though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 disgruntledbuy

I would avoid him if at all possible. Don't be fooled by friendly face and firm handshake.

Can you elaborate? Otherwise it's slander and I will remove your post.

Left car in for a minor repair, and they dreamt up some totally unrelated problem in order to get a few extra bob, as they could not cash in on the small problem. Warrantee is not worth the paper it is written on.

• Advertisement

Warranty of the work? What work? Or a car you bought there?
    Please be more specific.

Warranty on car bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Sold a car to them,i thought they were good/nice

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A post above that wouldn't elaborate on why a business isn't good was removed.

Folks the reason for this is that if you slag businesses or people while on boards it's not your ass on the line, it's boards' ass. There is a difference between slagging someone down the pub and posting it on a discussion forum where people can still find it (and you) in 10 years time.

If you can make a case for why I/anyone should not go to a certain place then fine. "This restaurant served me cold food/this mechanic didn't change the part he said he would" etc is fine.
    "Stay away, place is crap" is not fine.
    If the people affected or business PMs me and wants a thread removed I will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

From what I hear from a friend in the motor trade, they have been known to deal in crashed repairs and to make sure that if I was dealing with them to get the car properly inspected by a third party who will offer legal protection in the event of problems.

We'll just leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement