Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny cats

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine just rang me saying that her neighbour has moved leaving a litter of kittens. Can anybody point me in the direction of a cat rescue in kilkenny. I don't have any details excapt that they have been left and the mother looks pregnant again so it's only a matter of time until the place is overrun with little pregnant kittens. She has no interest in trying to catch them herself, she's moving abroad in a few weeks so it will really be a case of just reporting it to the relevant people, but she does not want them to be PTS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Kilkenny SPCA here:

http://www.irishanimals.com/spcas/14.html

If they aren't able to help let me know, as there is a cat rescue lady in Carlow and I could probably bring the kittens over to her if she has room for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks :) I rang and was told that they cannot go onto other peoples property, which is understandable, and seeing as how the people have moved, but nobody knows where and the kittens are for the most part staying in the garden there is nothing they can do. She suggested that my friend stop feeding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

stop feeding them so they'll go away and become totally feral? what a stupid suggestion.....could you borrow a cat trap and put it in her garden and when they are caught you take them to the cat rescue? It doesn't seem like she wants to help much :(

Thats what I thought. This coming from an animal rescue society. Sure when I was on hold a message told me to ring the dog warden if I found a dog.

Her sister and brother in law have decided to keep one of the kittens so thats good news. Thats the one that wanders into the house and terrifies the fish.

I don't know how many others there are. But she hasn't seens any, her brother in law has. So there can't be many if she hasn't noticed.

I can't believe they said that to you! OK if they can't go onto property, but there are ways and means of getting around things.

They should have a cat trap that can borrow. Maybe if you or your friend rang at another time you might get a different person. If you could just get your hands on the cat trap, I could give you the number of the lady in Carlow who takes in kittens for rehoming. PM me if you need this info. I live in Kilkenny and work in Carlow so it would be no problem for me to bring them over to her if your friend can't manage it.

If your friend can keep feeding them, they might become more familiar with her so that she will be able to catch them.

• Advertisement

I can't believe they said that to you! OK if they can't go onto property, but there are ways and means of getting around things.

They should have a cat trap that can borrow. Maybe if you or your friend rang at another time you might get a different person. If you could just get your hands on the cat trap, I could give you the number of the lady in Carlow who takes in kittens for rehoming. PM me if you need this info. I live in Kilkenny and work in Carlow so it would be no problem for me to bring them over to her if your friend can't manage it.

If your friend can keep feeding them, they might become more familiar with her so that she will be able to catch them.

God - I gave money to Kilkenny SPCA at Christmas....:mad:

Thanks a million MsFifers, her sister is holding on to one of them, she will keep an eye out for the others. Her brother in law hasn't seen them for a few days and is reluctant to go snooping in the garden as the family haven't actually moved, they are away for the summer, I just found this out. Horribe people! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

When you do catch them, maybe you might bring them to a shelter other than the Kilkenny SPCA, who don't, umm, sound like they'd be much help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Was it rented accomadation they vacated?, if so contact the landlord/lady or try the vendor if the property is to be sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

If you're not sure when they are coming back someone could just keep a lookout around the front while the other person went looking in the back garden?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruthie77

Hi, My friend has found a cat with kittens, and is getting no reply from the KSPCA, would it be possible to get a number for that lady in Carlow as he's not really in a position to look after them, it's a small flat, and he already has one cat...

Advertisement