Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi folks i need advice please

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hello everyone.

i want to buy a camcorder, nothing fancy but better than your average point and shoot. the one im interested in is the jvc gz-hd7. i would love to hear opinions on this too please but keep in mind im realistic and not expecting to get amazing shots like u would from an xl2 or something so go easy on me :)

but my question is this - i could really save money if i bought the import version which is in NTSC but will i have problems with this? i have video editing software (pinnacle studio 11 but oh jebus dont get me started on that waste of money!) and theres an option to import video in either NTSC or PAL format. could i then make my output movie file in PAL (im sure the software allows that)?
    if so, will it look right?

basically, to boil it all down to one simple question - what are the cons to buying an NTSC format hard drive camcorder?

p.s the reason im interested in this camera is because of its manual control options.its been discontinued in favour of a more point and shoot model but the NTSC is still available here and there.

thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

This is a HDD camera. PAL and NTSC are not HD formats, they are SD. (The XL2 is an SD camera too)

You probably need to learn a bit more about the differences. But one thing's for sure - you're just asking for headaches buying the US version of this camera. If you want to save money buying overseas, you can probably still buy the "PAL" (i.e. 25 frames per second) version from a retailer like B&H

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onefortynine

whats SD? is that standard definition or am i way off?

the description on the HD7 definitely says NTSC. hasnt it got to do with the lines and frames or something?

B&H dont have it anymore im afraid. discontinued. i really liked the idea of the manual focus controls it gives u.and the 3CCds too. would a HV30 be as good?would it have manual focus too?

man im clueless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 waterdrop

I just got sony hdr sr10.
    Is a 40GB hard drive HD camera.
    I consider it a bit expensive but here is a test video.
    http://tinyurl.ie/30

Advertisement