Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Primera Tyres

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Have a 2005 Primera (and am a woman) so I haev no idea what size tyres I need and want to get quotes before i pay an arm and a leg. Can anyone help in sizes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i am not trying to be smart with you but the size of the tire is written on the side of the tire.

http://www.vulcantire.com/graphics/tiresidewall.jpg

215/70r16

the number means

215 = width of tire

70 = width of tire wall

R16 = radius in inches of the actual wheel.

the numbers on your tire will vary but should be easily spotted.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Standard on Primera is 205/60 R15. Do not let anyone fit 205/55 R15, these are more standard, but the Primera is set up for the 205/60 R15. Price depends on what spec you want, depending on you milage etc. If your only doing regular milage, say 20k per year, "91H" rated tyre would be fine, but if you are doing large milage or a lot of motorway driving go for a "92V" rated.

Edit on my typo. Sorry Martron..;)

Standard on Primera is 205/60 R55. .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Thanks guy..so damn expensive:( only getting them so i don't fail my driving test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Thanks guy..so damn expensive:( only getting them so i don't fail my driving test

The added bonus is that they just might save your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

LeahBaby wrote: »

What are you being quoted? I would guess somewhere around €120 per corner. You could get a cheaper set, but you will end up replacing them much quicker than you need. Also that size tyre is difficult to get, not all manufactures make that size and it only seems to be on the Primera.

Cionád wrote: »

what about ours..... another woman driver on the roads. just kidding. yeah shop around even if you save a fiver per wheel its better than nothing. and cheaper tires are only cheaper in the short run. wear quicker and not always have good traction. especially in the wet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Cionád wrote: »
    +1

Tyres Brakes Steering, never skimp on these,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Standard on Primera is 205/60 R15. Do not let anyone fit 205/55 R15, these are more standard, but the Primera is set up for the 205/60 R15. Price depends on what spec you want, depending on you milage etc. If your only doing regular milage, say 20k per year, "91H" rated tyre would be fine, but if you are doing large milage or a lot of motorway driving go for a "92V" rated.

Edit on my typo. Sorry Martron..;)

Personally I've found 205/55 R15 a size hard to get when I needed two a while back.

Advertisement