Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd Provisional Licence Query

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Grr... I managed to lose my 1st provisional on a night out recently
    You can get it replaced - fill out form D800 and get it signed and stamped at your local garda Station and send it off with 2 pics and €5.
    I've never been insured but just had the licence in case.
    Since its going to expire this August i'm wondering whats the story with getting my second one?
    You may apply for a 2nd learner Permit as normal.
    -tbh, i dont expect to be on the road anytime soon so should i just not bother getting the second one until i know i'm going to be driving?
    If you let the 1st lapse by 5 years or more, you go back to square one. but it doesn't really matter that much now as the perk of driving unacciompanied on the 2nd is gone anyway from midnight tonight.
    -If i decide to get insured say in 2009 will i have to do the DTT again?
    No.
    -Also, what do i need if im going to the Motor Office to prove i've had a licence already?
    I presume they will know from your name and address. Each person is assigned a number. That number appears in all their licences issued here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Can i get this online/Garda Station?
    Motor & Tax office is well out of my way in Cork.
    Cheers for the response WA.
    I've seen then online but they shouldn't as there is a thicker adhesive part where you must enter your name and address and sign. The part you sign is adhered to your licence before it's laminated. The name and address is stuck onto the envelope to post your Learner Permit to you.

Just as I had suspected:
    Driving licence application forms which are downloaded from the Internet are not acceptable when applying for your licence. An application form must be obtained from your local Motor Tax office or your local Garda Station. This is due to the applicant having to sign a label which is then affixed to the new driver licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

You can get it replaced - fill out form D800
    Form D8A actually http://www.wexford.ie/wex/Departments/MotorTax/ApplicationForms/Title,448,en.html oh yes I see that D8A is for expired licences. Does a D800 have to be signed in the presence of a garda like the D8A?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Form D8A actually http://www.wexford.ie/wex/Departments/MotorTax/ApplicationForms/Title,448,en.html oh yes I see that D8A is for expired licences. Does a D800 have to be signed in the presence of a garda like the D8A?

taken from citizensinformation.ie
    You should note that if your driving licence/learners permit has been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced but is still current, you should contact your local Garda Station for a duplicate driving licence application form (D.800).

Does a D800 have to be signed in the presence of a garda like the D8A?
    I think D8A is obsolete.

Regardless, neither have to be signed in the presence of a Garda but a Garda must sign, date and stamp them.

Advertisement