Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernia primary post grad v Mary I primary post grad

• 30-06-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm just looking for previous experience/advice regarding these post grads. I already have a masters in BIS but now want to go teaching. Can people shed let on the interview and the irish element needed for the interview. I already have higher level leaving cert irish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

I've never done it but I'v heard the standard is extremely high. You need to be more or less fluent. But like I said I've never done it!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Slingerz, where were you planning on applying?

Contrary to information above, you do not need to be fluent!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

well either of these 2 really hibernia would prob be my preference as i could do with working to generate some funds but i'd go for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Well, check here:

It's a thread I've just recently set up listing all the interview questions in both English & Irish asked at the Hibernia interview.

It should give you an idea of the standard required.

I do believe the standard in the other colleges is a bit higher & you are required to read an Irish passage & discuss it also.

but I know people who just repeated their Irish last year & gained places in the other colleges, so they're all definitely doable.

Best of luck.
    BB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

does anybody have information regarding the onsite tuiton part of hibernis conducted at weekends? is it every weekend or just some weekends and where are they based

• Advertisement
Advertisement