Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water not heating in Bolier!!!!

Options
  • 30-06-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ugh!!!

Ok I have a gas boiler (or whatever you call it) and heating is working fine (all rads ok) it's just the water is only Lukewarm or Freezing. Last week all was ok but this week there appears to be a problem with it. Thermostat has not been changed and temperature has remained the same so I'm completely lost as to what could have happened. The light on the boiler with the little tap on it isn't lighting when the heating comes on so I'm thinking that the fuse may have blown but how would I find this out and how would I fix it!!!Sorry I'm so clueless!!!!

Comments

If this boiler is a combi-boiler(no hot water cylinder) you will have to get in a heating engineer, if you do have a cylinder then the heat to the cylinder tends to be controlled by a two port valve, which normally can be found around the pipework by the cylinder, it's a boxy shape and is part of the pipe, there should be a little arm sticking out of the box, this is the manual override, push it along and near the end of it's travel there will be a groove that you can push the arm into and it should lock in place, this will give you hot water till you can get a engineer in, good luck, Gary.

Advertisement