Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumble Dryer needed

Options
  • 30-06-2008 4:17pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, im looking for a relatively cheap tumble dryer.

Im going to ask our landlord could he get one in for us. With the shocking weather and only a clothes line to dry our clothes, the smell of damp in the kitchen is getting a bit nasty.

Ive seem a few in Argos, around the €200 mark, but ive not had a chance to check out any electrical shops as yet.

-Looking for a 6Kg load.
    -I think theres a vent available so vented should be ok.
    -One that tumbles one way then the other preferably.
    -And relativly good on the EBS meter.
    Thats in an Ideal world.

Any places doing deals or anythink like that, advice would be much appreciated.

On a side note, anyone have experience in getting stuff off a landlord, such as a dryer or any other appliances?

Thanks all

And anyone throwing out one thats just being replaced for the sake of it (working fine), i might be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And anyone throwing out one thats just being replaced for the sake of it (working fine), i might be interested.
    I lolled

Check electrical shop on New Rd and the one on Woodquay. Both decent imo but then I never needed a tumble dryer from them.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

biko wrote: »
    I lolled
    I say might because I might not be able to transport the dryer. Im not implying id take it for free.

Wheres new road... google map throws up a nice road trip for me, and I doubt theres any electrical shop there!

The one on woodquay, im guessing thats not conboys electrical?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The one on New Road is also Conboys - it's on the street opposite where the Connaught Laundry used to be.

I bought a shop soiled one in Currys with a decent reduction in price a couple of years ago - is a good machine with a decent (for a dryer) energy rating. Only thing wrong with it was a slight rubbing mark on the door (it was the display model).

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fey! wrote: »
    I bought a shop soiled one in Currys with a decent reduction in price a couple of years ago - is a good machine with a decent (for a dryer) energy rating. Only thing wrong with it was a slight rubbing mark on the door (it was the display model).
    Noted, that could be handy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement