Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS system for small retail store? Windows or Mac..

Options
  • 30-06-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on pos software for a small retail store....something that would integrate with some financial software such as quick books maybe...

Was looking at Checkout for mac, http://checkoutapp.com/ it seemed very user friendly but quickbooks don't supply software for mac over here....should I keep my tills and financial software seperate...?

i'm probably going to have to go for a windows based solution......

any help much appricated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Mac applications for shop POS are rare, I don't think I've ever seen mac's been used in any shop.

The $399 price seems very reasonable for a quality POS system so just make sure it covers all you need. For me the most important things would be

Inventory control
    Customer management
    Ordering
    Invoicing

I got a new system last year, not cheap but does everything and more, There is a accounting software with the package but I prefer to use Sage on a seperate computer.
    I just like my accounts to be seperate to the working computer on the shop floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Namesco wrote: »

The $399 price seems very reasonable for a quality POS system so just make sure it covers all you need. For me the most important things would be

Inventory control
    Customer management
    Ordering
    Invoicing

I prefer to use Sage on a seperate computer.
    I just like my accounts to be seperate to the working computer on the shop floor.

Checkout seems to tick all the boxes for me,
    Inventory control
    Customer management
    Ordering
    Invoicing

I let someone try it who never used a mac and they flew through it, lovley interface looks pretty fool proof....I don't think there'd be much staff training involved....

Just spotted this one as well http://www.xsilva.com/ might be good for keeping my website and shop inventory together....

I've never seen mac pos in a shop here either....

Seperate account package might be the way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

It appears that Sage do an epos system that links directly into the accounts if that is something that you are interested in?? It's called paypoint.

Advertisement