Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Marauder 125 - Wrecked forks??

• 30-06-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi all,

I dropped my Marauder at a low speed about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been the same since. I bent the handlebars and snapped a break level.. Got the handlebars replaced and did nothing else with it really...

However, the way it's driving now is that it's very easy to push left - the bike leans very, very easily. In fact, it's leaning left even when I'm trying to go straight. And when I go right I really have to yank it that way. I used to be able to push on the right grip and it'd lean for me but no more!!

Anyhow, this is my first bike... Does this sound like a forks problem?

Thanks,

Conan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Possibly the forks or the frame. I started on one of those myself , great little bike, dropped it many a time.

I suggest sticking it in a van and get it to a Suzuki dealer to get it checked. I wouldn't drive it if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

When the handle bars are perfectly straight, is the front wheel perfectly straight too (when you look from above)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

KTRIC wrote: »
    Possibly the forks or the frame. I started on one of those myself , great little bike, dropped it many a time.

I suggest sticking it in a van and get it to a Suzuki dealer to get it checked. I wouldn't drive it if I was you.

I wouldn't say it's dangerous... It's more of a discomfort. I have to commit a decent bit more to right turns than to left ones but once it starts to lean I'm away. If it was a heavier bike, I reckon it'd be a much more fatal problem.
    When the handle bars are perfectly straight, is the front wheel perfectly straight too (when you look from above)?

Yeah they seem to be!! It's a litttle bit hard to tell cause the front mudguard got cracked when I dropped it. Would this mean it's a frame thing??

Anyway, I may drop it into an agent or even get someone who rides cruisers to give it a shot and see what they think.

If it's not handling right,you shouldn't be riding it. Bring it to a garage asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If it's not handling right,you shouldn't be riding it. Bring it to a garage asap.

Agreed. But if you are feeling brave, and know a quiet smooth road, drive along at about 20mph and let go of the bars and see if the bike pulls to either side. When you let go of the bars, just release your grip and don't move your hands far away just incase you hit a pot hole or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

Right lads - I'll get it checked. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the replies.

Conan

Advertisement