Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K530i

• 30-06-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

So i bought this phone on a 6 month contract (well a friend of my wife did but she moved away to study and i agreed to take over the contract)

The 6 months being up i cancelled the contract and recieved an unlock code after calling customer service,

I kept my old mobile from a different provider and changed the sim card over because my old phone was a bit crap.

everything is working fine but i still have some applications from the original provider of the sony ericson K530i(provider was 3 by the way) such as 3player and planet 3 which i would like to get rid of but i can't seem to delete them. has anyone any ideas or been in the same boat?

I didn't have the internet on the old phone but i would like it though im not sure what problems im likely to have with a rivals software on the phone.

So do i need to get the phone back to factory settings?
    there is a master reset feature in settings but all that does is delete all phone numbers and folders.

Ps my user manual is no help i couldn't find anything in it(tho it is in Danish:D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Can you give have the unlocking code for that phone? I have one that i need unlocked. The *** want $27 to unlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ok
    So if you phone has been branded with 3 software you will need to remove this by debranding the phone (use someone like davinciteam etc) this will remove EVERYTHING from the phone and make it a generic sony ericsson phone.
    Think this would be the firmware you would pick
    K530i R8BB001 CID53 TRADE UK EUROPE_2 - EN FR DE TR ST ZU
    (Check to be sure !!)

(so do a backup of things you want to keep before you do this)
    You will then be able to get the MMS/WAP settings from the sonyericsson website.

Advertisement