Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda receives 100 stitches after pitbull attack..

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

is the older fella a pit X bull terrier or X staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

luciano_lg.jpg
    Luciano

lexi_lg.jpg
    Lexi

sam_lg.jpg
    Sam

pilgrim_lg.jpg
    Pilgrim

chandler_lg.jpg
    Chandler

gizmo2_lg.jpg
    Gizmo

rex_lg.jpg
    Rex

rocky_lg.jpg

Just a handful of my rescues :D. Thrown away by society.

there lovely! i seen a couple of them on internet over last couple months! i'v my problem sorted anyway so wont b wreckin any1's heads bout a puppy anymore!! haha! a fella has a bitch for me half staff half pitbull. shes lovely. fri i'l b pickin her up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Chandler's absolutely gorgeous! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

there lovely! i seen a couple of them on internet over last couple months! i'v my problem sorted anyway so wont b wreckin any1's heads bout a puppy anymore!! haha! a fella has a bitch for me half staff half pitbull. shes lovely. fri i'l b pickin her up

Sorry, but I didn't post pictures of my dogs for your amusement. I hope you will have the bitch spayed, there are too many unwanted Bull Breeds and their crosses in Pounds all over the country losing their lives daily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

EGAR those dogs are fantastic looking, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

whitser wrote: »
    if the cops had been armed robbers that dog would have being hailed a hero. and as far as i know a dog cant tell the difference between a cops uniform and a robbers one!
    that dog did nothing wrong imo,but it and its breed are being portrayed as gang members.

So if a childs football goes into a the garden where the said dog resides and the child attempts to recover it, receiving the same injuries.
    Look at the danger!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

O M G!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Think of the orphan trildren!

Oh...actually, its ok, the dog wasn't in the garden, the cops didn't have a football, and contrary to popular belief the Gardai don't hire children, and children retrieving balls don't have dark uniforms, threatening shouting voices and huge hammers for smashing doors down.

(mind you I thought the last cop I saw was a pedophiles stripogram he was that young looking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

So if a childs football goes into a the garden where the said dog resides and the child attempts to recover it, receiving the same injuries.
    Look at the danger!:eek:

If a kid jumped over my wall I can't honestly say that my dogs wouldn't go mad. I'd hope they wouldn't and they are used to having kids around. But a kid should and would knock to ask for their ball back, especially if there's a dog in the garden. Unless they already knew the dog. So that is kind of irrelevant.
    Don't mean to offend, but most dogs would go for an intruder. It's in their nature to protect their territory. The Gardai were ill prepared or perhaps they were unaware that there was a dog there, in which case, it was a very bad accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I know in america cop's have shot dogs when they were chasing criminals through other peoples gardens, ie hopped over a wall into someones garden, seen a pet rottie and shot it "Just in case". :confused:

As for kids, when we were young we didnt jump over walls that contained dogs, there must be a lot of junior darwin award nominees in the current generation. :pac:

• Advertisement

EGAR wrote: »
    Sorry, but I didn't post pictures of my dogs for your amusement. I hope you will have the bitch spayed, there are too many unwanted Bull Breeds and their crosses in Pounds all over the country losing their lives daily.

ya ok i'm very amused??! i was only sayin dey lovely and i saw a couple of em while i was looking for a pup. relax. take a compliment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Bambi wrote: »
    I know in america cop's have shot dogs when they were chasing criminals through other peoples gardens, ie hopped over a wall into someones garden, seen a pet rottie and shot it "Just in case". :confused:

This law can vary, as do most laws - state to state. In the part of Texas I am from, a dog legally kept on someone's premises(safely, with correct food and shelter, and confined within the owners premises) may not be legally injured by an officer of the law. They CAN shoot your dog, and likely will if it is threatening them in the case they are chasing someone through your property, but it is not legal. However, the laws treat animals as property, so your only redress is the cost of the animal if it happens. The best thing to do is to clearly post a "Beware Of Dog" type of sign upon your property limits.

The laws in Texas(statewide) also allow you to use lethal force if you find any animal in a public area that you feel is threatening your safety, or the safety of others. This happens on occasion, too. I've come close to shooting a few animals myself. Once I let loose my 85 lb Greyhound to stop a smaller dog from chasing one of the neighbors children(it worked). I didn't have a weapon on me other than the old dog, and he turned out to be the boys saviour. But I've never shot someone elses dog, and hope it never comes to that. Such laws(and the proliferation of firearms in the Republic Of Texas) greatly keeps down the amount of owners whom let their animals loose in public, city or in the country.

Of course, YOUR dog could always end up shooting YOU:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html

WYK

Advertisement