Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop DJ Mixer

• 30-06-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi everyone,

I have a massive library of gangsta rap music on my laptop and I intend to start dj'ing with it. I want to buy a mixer but I don't know what to get,

I was thinking of getting this one here

http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=3517&cat=141

Is that any good? Will it do a good job? Can anybody tell me any mixers that are cheaper than that? The cheaper the better, the number of features doesn't bother me much...

Thanks peeps,

Condog//NKJCPM

Comments

you get what ya pay for, get a second hand one anyway will be cheaper.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thumpybum

If you want something really cheap, try free and just use whatever onboard mixer your software has but you wont be able to cue.
    After that, as above, money is key and the hercules is about as good as any controller for under 100e if you can get it.
    Were you planning on using decks? (advisable) you could get a USB sound card assign your outs, master to L headphones to R then use one of the free channels on the decks to cue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

hercules rmx is new it is really good solid metal unit with built in soundcard, or the vestax vci 100. i have hercules mk2 its quite good but if i had the money id upgrade to one of the above.

plus hip hop mixin is a lot about scratchin and stuff and u wont really be able to scratch on those controllers

eamonhonda wrote: »
    plus hip hop mixin is a lot about scratchin and stuff and u wont really be able to scratch on those controllers

i dont see how it can be done right, there's always a delay when the song has to spin again. has any1 done it right?

Advertisement