Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mark VI Golf & 2010 Audi A3

Options
  • 30-06-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have links to decent info & photos of these? Especially the interior - or am I mad thinking there'd be info so early?

From what I can tell of google searches the Golf is to be unveiled in October, due out Jan 09 in Ireland the the new-model A3 likely to appear in 2010.

The pics I've seen of the mark VI golf (exterior) look nearly identical to the mark V, with very minor changes - so is that what we're due, a mark V1.5?

From what I've seen the body shape is identical, was hoping for more of a change.

The A3 pics I've seen look very odd so not sure how reliable they are.

Anyone have information, links etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I've no links as such to the new Golf or A3 but the new VW Scirocco I reckon looks the business and will be definately worth a look! The vw.ie website has some info on it, but google it as there are plenty of links about now. Some high profile car mags this month had preview test drives and said that it is better than the MarkV GTI. Bold words indeed!

The 2.0 litre petrol is due for release in September here, with other engines arriving early 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

As for the golf, the basic platform is not going to be changed from the mark 5 whatsoever(For european models anyway)(They may put cheaper rear suspension on the north american golf(Or Rabbit as they call it)).The body will slightly tweaked but not too much, me thinks.As for engines, we know a lot about the petrols but very little as of yet about the diesels.Afaik, the basic 1.4(80bhp) fromt he mk5 will be replaced by an all new 1.2 TSI(About 86bhp).The seriously ageing 100bhp 1.6 will be replaced by a 103 bhp variant of the same 1.2TSI.I expect the 1.4tfsi(122bhp) and 1.4TSI(140 and 170bhp) to carry on unchanged.I expect the Mk6 GTI will have a 211 bhp 2.0TFSI(Its just coming on stream now in the new audi A4), possibly badged TSI rather than TFSI(VAG want to gat aroung the confusion by using only TSI as an acronym

As for diesels, it really is time to put the old 1.9TDI to bed and the Mk6 Golf would be the perfect time to start phasing it out IMO. There have been rumours of an all new 1.6TDI and it would be a good step by VAG.Various outputs of it then , no doubt.It would undoubtedly use common rail injection rather than PD.There may also be a place fr the Common rail 2.0TDI(140 and 170bhp outputs)

There have been spy shots of what is thought to be the new golf and you should be able to find them with a google search.I hav'nt heard anything as of yet about the new A3.I imagine it'll use the same platform rather than the A4s MLP platform.Engines would mirror the golf IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I was under the impression that the MKVI Golf wouldn't be around until mid 2009, but anyway.

They'll have to replace the antiquated engines anyway in the interests of lowering VRT for Ireland, and general environmental pressures worldwide.

There will be a new 1.6 TDI, with outputs between 90 and 120 bhp. That will finally replace the antiquated 1.9 TDI engine.

There will also be a new 1.2 TSI engine, which fortunately will boast 4 rather than 3 cylinders like the present 1.2 engine from VAG uses. This will replace the 1.6 in the Golf and A3, which is around for long I don't remember when it first entered production.

The Golf's current GTI engine has been replaced by an all new engine in the B8 A4, so expect to see that make an appearance here as well, not to mention the new common rail 2.0 TDI(which has just found another home in the Octavia vRS) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that the MKVI Golf wouldn't be around until mid 2009, but anyway.

They'll have to replace the antiquated engines anyway in the interests of lowering VRT for Ireland, and general environmental pressures worldwide.

There will be a new 1.6 TDI, with outputs between 90 and 120 bhp. That will finally replace the antiquated 1.9 TDI engine.

There will also be a new 1.2 TSI engine, which fortunately will boast 4 rather than 3 cylinders like the present 1.2 engine from VAG uses. This will replace the 1.6 in the Golf and A3, which is around for long I don't remember when it first entered production.

The Golf's current GTI engine has been replaced by an all new engine in the B8 A4, so expect to see that make an appearance here as well, not to mention the new common rail 2.0 TDI(which has just found another home in the Octavia vRS) too.

I think the ancient 1.6mpi entered production when the original audi A4 was launched back in '94
    Its great that the Octavia vRS has got the common rail 170 diesel engine.The DSG 'box just became available in that for the first time too:)
    If that 1.6TDI is coming, it would be fantastic.The 90ps version might even get below the holy grail of 120g/Km

• Advertisement
Advertisement