Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS-PSLP-LE Upgrade Ram?

Options
  • 30-06-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just upgraded to Vista with only 1 gb and running slow. I already upgraded my video card and now looking to up grade my ram. My computer is a HP Media Center M7265c with a ASUS-PSLP-LE motherboard. It allows up to 4 gbs and it takes 240 pin DDR2 DIMM PC2 3200 to 5300. Looking for the best deal on filling it up to 4 gb. Can you use the 2 gb cards? I found a great deal of ram on newegg.com for good deals but not sure if they will all work. On other webs found 1 gb for 25 bucks each and wondering if that is the best bet. THanks for any info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I hope your in the USA cos Newegg.com won't deliver to Irl or even take european credit cards. DDR2 ram is dirt cheap ATM, I'd expect you get 4Gb for less than $80, if it were me i'd get 2 of these as some motherboards handle 2x2Gb sticks better than 4x1Gb. Gskill are a good reputable brand also and offer a good warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cfunk

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I hope your in the USA cos Newegg.com won't deliver to Irl or even take european credit cards. DDR2 ram is dirt cheap ATM, I'd expect you get 4Gb for less than $80, if it were me i'd get 2 of these as some motherboards handle 2x2Gb sticks better than 4x1Gb. Gskill are a good reputable brand also and offer a good warranty

THANKS! yes, in the USA, soo all good. I think I will go with the ones you recommended for 80$. I wasnt sure if it would take 2gb in each slot. thanks again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd check with Asus that it'll take a 2Gb stick first, have a look on their website or even email their support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cfunk

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'd check with Asus that it'll take a 2Gb stick first, have a look on their website or even email their support

I tried to get tech support from Asus, but couldn't find the board anywhere nor could I find a tech support to email.
    Does anyone know if this fits or how to find out? Thanks.

Advertisement