Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santry

Options
  • 30-06-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey Folks

Im aware that this thread doesnt belong in this section but i couldnt really find anywhere else to put it. I am currently looking to buy my first house, I have a wife and two children and so I really want a nice area to live in. My budget is max 450000. I am currently looking at both Royal Oak and Woodlawn in Santry, I love Woodlawn, it looks ideal. However I recently read that both estates are having drug problems lately, particularly Royal Oak. I also heard of problem femilies in both areas cuasing havoc.

If anyone has any info on these issues I would love to hear about it, especially from anyone living there or close by. Also if anyone has any suggestions regarding good locatins to buy I would very much like to hear them.

Many Thanks

Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

there is drug problems in nearly every estate in ireland. if your worried about drugs, then choose your kids school carefully. i didnt know what drugs were until i went to secondary school. then i never looked back :P

some of the houses in royal oak are lovely, its quiet enough estate but some people speed along the main road of it, which is dangerous. there is no kids lying around with syringes hanging out of there arm so imo i wouldnt say there is a drug problem in the estate. you cant pinpoint the drug problem to royal oak solely. its not as if the kids in royal oak dont mix with kids from other estates.if you move to woodlawn your kids will probably have friends in royal oak and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Royal Oak has a bit of a bad rep. maybe unfair because there was an idiot who was distributing drugs for one of these Coolock drug-lords. He was caught, the house was searched and he's in prison. His family moved out for obvious reasons. The thing is that someone could be doing that anywhere in Ireland (even in the house beside u) and you wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

there are houses for sales in "Old Santry" - Lorcan Road, Shanvarna Road etc across the road from the Comet. I live in there and it is very quiet. You should easily get a house in there in that pricerange.
    I've lived here for 8 years, I have 3 kids and I love the area.

Advertisement