Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 Month old has problems sleeping at night

Options
  • 30-06-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Our 9 month old very rarely sleeps well at night without crying every hour for a few seconds and then going back to sleep. She was diagnosed with stage 2 reflux which she will eventually grow out of. This is causing allot of sleepless nights for myself and the wife.

She has been like this for the last 4 months. Does anyone have any tips in helping her to sleep. My wife has only just started putting her to sleep in the crib at night. Our baby had allot of medical problems for the last 6 months so it kinda hampered things with the routine. Even putting her to sleep is a battle, she fights my wife all the way. She is clearly exhausted but still cry's until she eventually falls asleep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Have you tried the Mozart for babies sleeping cd or other soothing music or toys? My daughter started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks so i don't have any experience but one of my friends had a big problem with her girl and she thought the mozart cd and some bedtime reading helped it a lot (although i think she snuck in a little calpol every now and then)! Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

have u tried white noise?when my lil fella was a couple of months old i had to download white noise from the internet because he wouldnt go to sleep without the hairdryer on,he cryed a lot when he was really young and this always stopped him immediately,i realised one day when he was really tiny and i had him lieing on the floor when i was hoovering,he fell fast asleep and after that i used this kind of noise evrytime trying to get him to go asleep.if u had a recording u cud pop a cd player in her room and play it and see if it works but failing that,routine is definately key,my lil guy slept throught the night from 8weeks but started to have trouble sleeping around times of teething but the routine certainly helps.we gave him a bath before bedtime evrynight(well more of a quick shower)and he knew that is was bedtime,we still do and he is 14months now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

See the thread two below this, "10-month-old fighting his sleep".

Advertisement