Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecoms Shortcodes in Ireland

Options
  • 30-06-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

anyone know the cost of a Telecoms Shortcode in Ireland. It's for a SMS system that investigating developing.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

what is a telecoms shortcode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

It's a 5 digit code that's short for a phone number....e.g. if you ever vote on one of those You're a Star shows they ask you to text something to a 5 digit number like 59604 (an example no idea if this is a valid shortcode).

Some companies use them for their internal phone system e.g. if I want to call the buildings department from my extension I dial 55555.

OP try this crew http://www.webtext.com/ they might be able to give you an idea of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks for that. So far I've found that Esendex and Zamano are the two main providers in Ireland, they are UK based companies. Both very expensive for a dedicated short code. Going to look at sharing a short code option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

The last time I looked (about 12months ago) the cost was rediculous high at around 20k in total. You have to buy access from all network providers to ensure that all customers on all networks will receive a reply when txting the number. As usual the operators also take a massive cut.

Advertisement