Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Seriously you guys should get your separate forum !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

im in almanu. i got the code but need your user name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

If any spaces open up you can definately include me. User name is same as here wcarey1975.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Matchday 3 is today

My username on xpert11 is KevIRL. If you want to join the league then use the code on the first page to join the waiting list. I'll be announcing details of a potential cull of inactive managers later this week

Cheers Kev I'm already on the waiting list and am keeping an eye on the league just for curiosity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Solid 1-1 draw with Yoohoo United. In 4th spot and 2 players in the Team of the Week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Meh, lost again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lost 3-2, conceeding two goals in the last few minutes and had a player injured and nother sent off. Wonderfull match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Won 1-0, so I'm 3rd after three games, two wins and a loss.

Two players in the totw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

1-1 draw. A win, a draw and a loss so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

3 wins from 3 and top of Division 1 :D:D:D

1-1 away draw.

1 place off the relegation zone in Div 5

1-1 draw. A win, a draw and a loss so far.

You won 500k in the pools. You got 5 results right, I got 4

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Drew 1-1 again, again my team were the better side but failed to make it count. Still, 1 win at home and 2 draws away from home ain't bad, particularly as the teams I've drawn against look pretty good, being in 2nd place and having beaten the league leader (JaapSai) respectively.

Division 6 league leader JaapSai's midfield is decimated! 2 suspensions and an injury to his best midfielders... ouch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Division 7 - 3 points separating top to bottom:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

1-1... first point of the season, still shocking though, bottom of the table:(

I guessed his formation as 4-4-2, and defended against it, I guessed his playmaker correct and man-marked him, and my midfield and offence performed better... and yet he went 1-0 up

LOL LUCK FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Aye division 7 is where it's at!

Got trashed 3-0 this round! :/

I guess bonuses are the way forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

KevIRL wrote: »
    You won 500k in the pools. You got 5 results right, I got 4

Just noticed that. :D Actually looking at the form, results and players of the teams seems to work. So maybe its not as random as some would suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

2nd in Div 7 although I'm technically joint top ;)

Nice 2-0 away win today thanks to a slight change in tactics for away games :)

Actually it might work better with this not as a sticky, remind people of the threads existance, and then to check their teams.

Im goin playin poker now, but tomorrow will post a list of the most inactive managers who then have till friday to log on and confirm they want to stay in the league, or will be sacked and replaced by our eager replacements.

• Advertisement

Just noticed that. :D Actually looking at the form, results and players of the teams seems to work. So maybe its not as random as some would suggest.

False!!

MANAGER CULL

There are a number of managers who havent logged onto Xpert11 for some time, as we have a few people interested in joining. The mangers listed below have until Friday to logon onto xpert11 and manage their team or else face being sacked from their club

Elrono - Derry FC (1st July last logon)
    Mr Alan - RedsAllOverTheLand (1st July)
    KeithOR - Redsers Rovers (1st July)
    Trilla - Trillas (2nd July)
    Sup - One Cold Hand (2nd July)
    Neelio - VfB Dublin (2nd July)
    Aaron1921 - Tinahely Wanderers (2nd July)
    Angus McGyver - Sporting Lesbians (3rd July)

If anyone wants to PM the lads above please feel free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lads, I'm gonna bow out of this, sorry for any inconvenience!

Kev, WCarey1975 can take over my team from immediately if you so wish.

Sorry again.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lads, I'm gonna bow out of this, sorry for any inconvenience!

Kev, WCarey1975 can take over my team from immediately if you so wish.

Sorry again.

The team has been made inactive. Unfortunately the invite goes to the first person in the waiting list. WCarey1975 is 4th.

Thats no problem hopefully 3 more will follow..

So Mr Alan is the first manager to be sacked from the boards.ie Xpert11 league.

(although I guess in theory the little fukker scamp managed to resign first :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

KevIRL wrote: »
    So Mr Alan is the first manager to be sacked from the boards.ie Xpert11 league.

(although I guess in theory the little fukker scamp managed to resign first :P

working for two fat think **** american owners didnt work out too well for me

;)

enjoy folks.

What do the coloured arrows mean beside a player in the squad list?

Des wrote: »
    What do the coloured arrows mean beside a player in the squad list?

How the players form is going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I just realised I won Manager of the Week in the last round. I never even got notified. Do you get money for that for the team?

I had to *ahem* "borrow" a hasty press release from another manager who won a few manager awards ;)

GuanYin wrote: »
    I just realised I won Manager of the Week in the last round. I never even got notified. Do you get money for that for the team?

Congrats. You dont get money, but there is various end of season awards which manager of the weeks may help you to win

I had to *ahem* "borrow" a hasty press release from another manager who won a few manager awards ;)

Thief!

What's the craic with the pools fund being 150,000 to enter this time?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's the craic with the pools fund being 150,000 to enter this time?

I'd posted earlier in the thread about bumping it up, to get a more meaningful prizepool. With people getting the million each week from sponsors, plus the media payout, it was felt that managers can now afford it.

Which reminds me, I must go do the pools

If I lose today this game is absolute boll*x :)

My team is better in every single possible aspect, and luckwise I have had none the last 3 games... every single player on my team is 5 bars or above for skill, Ive just bought a new 7 bar player and every single player in the starting eleven is on minimum 10 bars for form, some are as high as 17...

Im playing against a broken team that is missing its three best players through suspension, and another through injury... he only has three midfielders to choose from! No matter how much each result is based on luck it would be absolutely ridiculous if I get anything other than a resounding victory

Again, if I lose this game, I will prob retire :)

/end rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Just realised I've been thrown into the managerial fray. Good stuff. Now to win the league.

• Advertisement

Just realised I've been thrown into the managerial fray. Good stuff. Now to win the league.

You have, like, 30 seconds til the next match :D

lost 1-0 and slipped from 3rd to 5th :mad::mad:

Man sent off too.

Premier

2008-07-17 red devils - LAGs Eleven 1 - 2 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Sporting Lesbians - De Bowez 0 - 2 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-17 Green Slimy Yolks - McCanns Angles 4 - 0 (2 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Villakerash - The Incredibles 1 - 3 (1 - 3)

1st Division

2008-07-17 Eagleeye Rovers - Suup 5 - 0 (5 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Xavi-n A Laugh - denfitzico 2 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Tastes Like Chicken - Dellboy.ie 2 - 2 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-17 VfB Dublin - Yoohoo United 1 - 1 (1 - 0)

Division 2

2008-07-17 Boardeaux - Meh 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-17 Super Blues - Dossing FC 2 - 0 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Purple People Eaters - Durrus FC 2 - 1 (1 - 1)
    2008-07-17 Romero FC - Kensington AFC 2 - 1 (2 - 0)

Division 3

2008-07-17 Derry FC - Magyars F.C. 1 - 2 (1 - 2)
    2008-07-17 Tinahely Wanderers - Inter Corta Rovers 0 - 4 (0 - 2)
    2008-07-17 Let Christy Take It - Trillas 2 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Teveztating - Pigheads 2 - 1 (0 - 0)

Division 4

2008-07-17 Sanchez Rovers - win1soon 1 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Rafas Reserves - Rayo Madrid 2 - 2 (1 - 2)
    2008-07-17 Rebel Athletic - Bohblue F.C. 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Kautos Stars - Redsers Rovers 5 - 0 (2 - 0)

Divsion 5

2008-07-17 RedsAllOverTheLand - FutureChamps 0 - 4 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Getouttathagarden - Devestated II 2 - 2 (2 - 1)
    2008-07-17 Yantona United - Carrickshock 4 - 0 (3 - 0)
    2008-07-17 The champs - Rolly united 1 - 2 (1 - 0)

Division 6

2008-07-17 lol11asideaments - Sydney Para Sporting 1 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 JaapSai - LUCK FTW 4 - 4 (1 - 1)
    2008-07-17 Athletico Reganio - Shave Me Shamrocks 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Rafathegaffer - The Wildcats 0 - 2 (0 - 0)

Division 7

2008-07-17 Monkeee United - Ste05 XI 2 - 0 (2 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Shelbourne - Congress Blitz 0 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-17 Stanley Victor FC - The Bhoys of 67 3 - 3 (1 - 2)
    2008-07-17 No Superman United - Cleveland Steamers 0 - 3 (0 - 1)

4-4... absolute total and utter boll*x... how the f*ck can a team that has lost four of its best players still manage to score 4 goals??? My team was better in every single position, and every one of my players was on top form

I guessed his formation bang on again, and played very offensive based on the fact that he was missing his 4 best players, and i draw!!!

lol what a f***ing ridiculous game, absolutely no skill in this... 100% luck

hey Kev I reckon Im done with this, cheers for the offer but tbh I dont see the point in continuing with it. Whats the point in buying players and doing form training etc etc when it makes no difference!!

lol what a rubbish game....

gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Great start.. lost 4-0.

Had to have a go at the lads after that effort.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    4-4... absolute total and utter boll*x... how the f*ck can a team that has lost four of its best players still manage to score 4 goals??? My team was better in every single position, and every one of my players was on top form

I guessed his formation bang on again, and played very offensive based on the fact that he was missing his 4 best players, and i draw!!!

hey Kev I reckon Im done with this, cheers for the offer but tbh I dont see the point in continuing with it. Whats the point in buying players and doing form training etc etc when it makes no difference!!

gl

:pac::pac:
    Ya serious Rory? Its only a laugh like.

Btw Very offensive always carries some risks of shipping a load of goals at the back

Ah yeh I know, I usually like these games but this one is fairly annoying tbh! Actually spent a lot of time on this but it kinda defeats the purpose when your team cant win a game no matter how much better they are! I would have been annoyed if I didnt win this game by two goals or more, but to draw 4-4... seems to rely heavily (99% :) ) on luck!! I get that playing offensively is a bit risky but Im not even sure the other team had 4 players that could shoot let alone score!!

I would have liked to play this but I thought there was a bit of skill involved, its fairly boring when luck is the deciding factor you know!

Premier League is starting back soon so Ill prob stick to the Fantasy League, at least the better teams usually win in that!

cheers

EDIT: lol just realised the first four goals in my game were all penalties... dont even know what to make of that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah yeh I know, I usually like these games but this one is fairly annoying tbh! Actually spent a lot of time on this but it kinda defeats the purpose when your team cant win a game no matter how much better they are! I would have been annoyed if I didnt win this game by two goals or more, but to draw 4-4... seems to rely heavily (99% :) ) on luck!! I get that playing offensively is a bit risky but Im not even sure the other team had 4 players that could shoot let alone score!!

I would have liked to play this but I thought there was a bit of skill involved, its fairly boring when luck is the deciding factor you know!

Premier League is starting back soon so Ill prob stick to the Fantasy League, at least the better teams usually win in that!

cheers

EDIT: lol just realised the first four goals in my game were all penalties... dont even know what to make of that!!
    4 goals in the last 7 minutes too. And ANOTHER player fricken injured, and ANOTHER player sent off. Not sure if i have finished a game without incident yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

average of over 6 goals per game in my matches

we truly are the entertainers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

gl
    it does make a difference, youre clearly just rubbish :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Helix wrote: »

also, I've noticed the teams in my division with inactive managers are slipping to the bottom...

also, I've noticed the teams in my division with inactive managers are slipping to the bottom...

speaking of inactive.

Last reminder for the managers below......

Elrono - Derry FC (1st July last logon)
    Mr Alan - RedsAllOverTheLand (1st July)
    KeithOR - Redsers Rovers (1st July)
    Trilla - Trillas (2nd July)
    Sup - One Cold Hand (2nd July)
    Neelio - VfB Dublin (2nd July)
    Aaron1921 - Tinahely Wanderers (2nd July)
    Angus McGyver - Sporting Lesbians (3rd July)

Tomorrow is culling day...

Helix wrote: »

probably... first time playing a game like this... but even a blind man could see I should have won one if not both of my last two games... never mind losing the first two where I think it was close enough and I should have gotten a result in at least one of them but lost both 2-0.

The game is obviously based highly on luck, while this might appeal to some of you I'd prefer luck to play a 5-10% role in the result... unless there is some glaring concept that im missing!! Surely if your team is more skillfull and all fully fit (ive spent almost 1m on form training!), you should win games against worse/weakened opposition? Especially if you guess their tactics spot on and mark the playmaker etc... I can understand the odd hiccup but EVERY game!!

its obv meant to be a bit of fun but its not exactly fun when your team is blatantly stronger and fitter, up against a team missing its 4 best players, and you get a ridiculous result of 4-4 with FOUR penalties :)

Tauren wrote:
    4 goals in the last 7 minutes too. And ANOTHER player fricken injured, and ANOTHER player sent off. Not sure if i have finished a game without incident yet!

You should win the next game 5-0 so :)

Anyway gl lads, sorry to be ranting!

LIES.

I slipped from Promotion 3rd spot to just outside relegation 5th spot today. :mad:

And I had a man sent off today. In my previous three games I've had a penalty against me.

Won comfortably 2-0 at home. Happy with the clean sheet. Still in the promotion spot.

Feckin whingers the lot of ye.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement