Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

JaapSai in division 6... what a bunch of heroes. They've scored 15 goals and conceded 10, while I've scored 4 and conceded 3!

3rd 1-1 draw away from home in a row for me now, but I'm pleased with that. 1 win at home and 3 draws away. Got 3 home games in a row now, if I can win those I'll be great shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Des wrote: »
    LIES.

I slipped from Promotion 3rd spot to just outside relegation 5th spot today. :mad:

And I had a man sent off today. In my previous three games I've had a penalty against me.

since when are you in my division :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Could be worse Des. My side scored an own goal, had a man sent off and two injured in a hammering. An unforgettable game for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Comfortable 2-0 home win.

Top 4 in division 7 now all on 7 points and face each other in the next round BLOCKBUSTER SUPER MONDAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

roryc wrote: »
    probably... first time playing a game like this... but even a blind man could see I should have won one if not both of my last two games... never mind losing the first two where I think it was close enough and I should have gotten a result in at least one of them but lost both 2-0.

The game is obviously based highly on luck, while this might appeal to some of you I'd prefer luck to play a 5-10% role in the result... unless there is some glaring concept that im missing!! Surely if your team is more skillfull and all fully fit (ive spent almost 1m on form training!), you should win games against worse/weakened opposition? Especially if you guess their tactics spot on and mark the playmaker etc... I can understand the odd hiccup but EVERY game!!

its obv meant to be a bit of fun but its not exactly fun when your team is blatantly stronger and fitter, up against a team missing its 4 best players, and you get a ridiculous result of 4-4 with FOUR penalties :)

You should win the next game 5-0 so :)

Anyway gl lads, sorry to be ranting!
    youre obviously getting your tactics horrifically wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FALSE... you play defensively vs a team missing its 4 best players lol my tactics have been perfect the last few games...

The game today epitomised exactly what this game is about... Luck

Its a good idea though, if it focused more on coaching etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So 4 games in and I am still undefeated with 2 wins and 2 draws. I am in division 6 :D

LUCK FTW...... unlucky :p:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FALSE... you play defensively vs a team missing its 4 best players lol my tactics have been perfect the last few games...

Well, i took the available players away on a strict tactical retreat. Did you? I provided each player with hours and hours of analytical footage of your side and its performances. I pinpointed your weaknesses targeted them almost perfectly. I brought in Ferguson to give a team talk to the lads last night. I man-managed the fook out of them and got decent reward considering the biased officialdom and dirty tackling from your side.

I'm a good manager.:D

All of the above is lies, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think inactive unchanged teams perform better becuase those players automatically have a better teamwork rating i.e. the work better together. However, most of us have changed our team thus reducing this value.

• Advertisement

its definitely not about luck coz the same players dominate year in year out in another league im in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I guessed his formation bang on again, and played very offensive based on the fact that he was missing his 4 best players, and i draw!!!

lol what a f***ing ridiculous game, absolutely no skill in this... 100% luck

hey Kev I reckon Im done with this, cheers for the offer but tbh I dont see the point in continuing with it. Whats the point in buying players and doing form training etc etc when it makes no difference!!

Can you judge making no difference only 4 games in? :eek:

Playing very offensively away from home is suicide unless you play an inactive team with no manager and players out of position. I'm surprised you got a draw, tbh. If their best players were playing, you'd probably have been rightly hammered.

So try not to change your team too much and dont play offensive away from home... good tips. Does home advantage really play that big a part though? My team was ridiculously better on paper, and I guessed the right formation to defend against etc... surely offensive is the best tactic for me here? I wouldnt think you would get much easier games than this one to win! Absolutely amazed when it threw up 4-4, lol ridiculous... Looking back at it there was nothing i could have changed in my team

I just presumed you play to win each match, play your strongest team, make sure their all fit etc. Obv still have a lot to learn...

I do think luck plays a large part in it, and theres clearly a lot of things that you will only learn through experience...

might give it another and hopefully the luck will swing my way :)

Just looked there - the result was obvious - your defence never turned up! 3-5-2 offensive away from home needs a very strong defence to have any chance of succeeding. Your midfield were very good suplying chances, your strikers were wasteful..whereas nearly every time JaapSai attacked, they scored because there was no-one minding your own net. Your defence + keeper performances were atrocious. Even using 4-5-1, if your defence doesn't turn up, that's it.

Added that JaapSai played 3 upfront which is the exact thing to do against a 3 man defence - you were the lucky one! :eek:

I'm still learning 3 years in :eek:

But why were they atrocious? I had 7 bar, 6 bar and 5 bar defenders... and my keeper is decent too, they all had at least 10 bars for form... why did they perform badly?

cheers

Because with a very offensive mentality, they were probably all up in the opposition's six yard box trying to score one of the 12 chances instead of defending.

They conceded four goals from six chances and would have had no help from an attack-minded midfield when they faced JaapSai's three strikers.

Are any of them moody?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

But why were they atrocious? I had 7 bar, 6 bar and 5 bar defenders... and my keeper is decent too, they all had at least 10 bars for form... why did they perform badly?

cheers

The better the form the better they will play but when you play v offensice your players will defenders will be under a lot of pressure especially against a good attack.

Its not exact but 4 form is about a skill bar so a 5 skill player with a form of 15 will likely play to a 6. Its only a rough guide but helps when picking your team

So try not to change your team too much and dont play offensive away from home... good tips. Does home advantage really play that big a part though? My team was ridiculously better on paper, and I guessed the right formation to defend against etc... surely offensive is the best tactic for me here? I wouldnt think you would get much easier games than this one to win! Absolutely amazed when it threw up 4-4, lol ridiculous... Looking back at it there was nothing i could have changed in my team

I just presumed you play to win each match, play your strongest team, make sure their all fit etc. Obv still have a lot to learn...

I do think luck plays a large part in it, and theres clearly a lot of things that you will only learn through experience...

might give it another and hopefully the luck will swing my way :)

You do get some strange results but 3 at the back away from home is trouble unless you lay a defensive stragey. Every team has a home advantage but it is more for some rather than others.

If you had played 3-5-2 defensive or 4-4-2 you would have won as your attack was still strong enough to scrore while the defensive side could hold them out but hindsight is wonderful.

Your defence played to a 3 (2,4,4,2 !!!) while his attack was an 8. Like a spurs defence so he just walked it into the goal.

Sometimes it works to play offensive with a defensive formation (5-3-2) or vice versa.

Playing Bruise with a harsh ref (6) was crazy too and is why so many penos occured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Any updates on available teams? Have those that were inactive become active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I'm beginning to find the game a bit boring between matches. It would be nice to have more interaction with players or more things to occur to deal with.

the whole point is that its not too time consuming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Any updates on available teams? Have those that were inactive become active?

Forgot to do that yesterday. Doing it now

The 3 most inactive managers have been sacked and the 3 managers in the waiting list have had their applications accepted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Helix wrote: »
    the whole point is that its not too time consuming
    I'm not talking high maintenance but slightly more interactivity than just a sponsors payout every week would make the game more interesting, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A superb come from behind away win takes us to second in the table. Happy days.

EDIT: Got the Manager of the Week award as well :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Back on track and back at the top of the league with a 1-0 win away. Better performance from my team - they didn't concede as many chances nor did I get anyone sent off. One player got injured though, unfortunately.

Boards.ie Premier Division

2008-07-21 The Incredibles - Green Slimy Yolks 3 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 McCanns Angels - Sporting Lesbians 3 - 1 (1 - 1)
    2008-07-21 red devils - Villakerash 1 - 0 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-21 LAGs Eleven - De Bowez 4 - 1 (2 - 0)

Division 1

2008-07-21 VfB Dublin - Tastes Like Chicken 0 - 5 (0 - 3)
    2008-07-21 Yoohoo United - denfitzico 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Dellboy.ie - Eagleeye Rovers 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Rafaloution - Xavi-n A Laugh 1 - 2 (1 - 0)

Division 2

2008-07-21 Super Blues - Purple People Eaters 2 - 0 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Meh - Romero FC 1 - 0 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Dossing FC - Kensington AFC 3 - 1 (2 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Durrus FC - Boardeaux 1 - 1 (0 - 0)

Division 3

2008-07-21 Inter Corta Rovers - Derry FC 4 - 0 (4 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Teveztating - Tinahely Wanderers 3 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Pigheads - Trillas 5 - 1 (2 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Magyars F.C. - Let Christy Take It 2 - 1 (0 - 1)

Division 4

2008-07-21 Clondalkin Athletic - Rafas Reserves 4 - 0 (2 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Rebel Athletic - Sanchez Rovers 2 - 1 (1 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Bohblue F.C. - Rayo Madrid 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 win1soon - Kautos Stars 1 - 4 (0 - 3)

Division 5

2008-07-21 Rolly united - Carrickshock 2 - 0 (2 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Devestated II - ****zengiggles FC 4 - 0 (3 - 0)
    2008-07-21 FutureChamps - Yantona United 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 The champs - Getouttathagarden 0 - 1 (0 - 0)

Division 6

2008-07-21 The Wildcats - JaapSai 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Sydney Para Sporting - Rafathegaffer 1 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Athletico Reganio - lol11asideaments 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Shave Me Shamrocks - LUCK FTW 1 - 3 (1 - 1)

Division 7

2008-07-21 No Superman United - Shelbourne 3 - 1 (0 - 1)
    2008-07-21 Cleveland Steamers - The Bhoys of 67 1 - 3 (1 - 3)
    2008-07-21 Ste05 XI - Stanley Victor FC 2 - 1 (0 - 0)
    2008-07-21 Congress Blitz - Monkeee United 1 - 4 (1 - 3)

A 4-0 win sees me go from the relegation zone into a promotion spot. the joys of 3 up, 3 down.

Manager of the week too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I dont know if anyone here remembers it, but RoryC made a name for himself in the poker forum for complaining all the time in the poker forum that poker was rigged and was always screwing him over even though he played perfectly, some things never change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

orly.jpg

I dont know if anyone here remembers it, but RoryC made a name for himself in the poker forum for complaining all the time in the poker forum that poker was rigged and was always screwing him over even though he played perfectly, some things never change!

LOL, I should have brought that up actually.

How did Rory's team get on this week?

KevIRL wrote: »
    LOL, I should have brought that up actually.

How did Rory's team get on this week?

Cheers Kev, won 3-1... used the advice and managed to scrape a win!

also lol @ HJ, yeh I moaned a bit when I started playing poker, what was that 3 or 4 years ago? But your right, I 'made a name for myself'... if only OTHER people gave out about bad beats too, they could almost make a thread for it!

Obv thats EXACTLY what I was doing here, nothing gets by you eh! I was merely saying that having games which results are 40% based on luck is a bit much... and I was a little confused about how a dominant team could lose to an injury stricken one. The answer was pointed out to me.

Stop being a d*ckhead it doesn't su... well just stop :)

Congrats Rory. Sure yer flying now :D

I still think I'll be doin well to avoid the drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Another hefty defeat. I'm wondering what tactics I'll go with next. Five up front isn't a bad shout.

Congrats Rory. Sure yer flying now :D

I still think I'll be doin well to avoid the drop.

Wouldn't say flying... prob just couldn't get any unluckier :) ... Ill be back to my old ways and draw 8-8 next week...

So do you play everybody once or twice or whats the crack

Wouldn't say flying... prob just couldn't get any unluckier :) ... Ill be back to my old ways and draw 8-8 next week...

So do you play everybody once or twice or whats the crack

Yep its a home and away league set up. 14 games in a season. The final game of this season will be on 21st August. Then its a couple of weeks pre-season and it all gets going again

Yep its a home and away league set up. 14 games in a season. The final game of this season will be on 21st August. Then its a couple of weeks pre-season and it all gets going again

18 surely?

Des wrote: »
    18 surely?

Nope 14 Des.

Get the abacus out there young man. 8 teams per division and you cant play yourself. So you play the other 7 teams both home and away.....

Nope 14 Des.

Get the abacus out there young man. 8 teams per division and you cant play yourself. So you play the other 7 teams both home and away.....

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm finally getting the hang of this.

Just two questions:

1) I've gotten two mails saying there's a talented player in my youth team that's ready to make the step up, or he'll leave. But it doesn't let me click the option "Give the player a chance". What's up with that?

2) How many teams get promoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

3 teams get promoted

Its not letting you click that button for the youth player probably because your team is full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

well I lost 2-1 today wasnt too bad comnsidering if's my first game and the previous two we're 4 and 5 nil defeats. Well here's hoping that the next game will bring a surprise!

• Advertisement

2-0 win against the bottom team at home. Can't complain. Playing against the division 5 leaders next in a top of the table clash. C'mon Rolly United

I'm finally getting the hang of this.

Just two questions:

1) I've gotten two mails saying there's a talented player in my youth team that's ready to make the step up, or he'll leave. But it doesn't let me click the option "Give the player a chance". What's up with that?

2) How many teams get promoted?

1) Your squad is full, you need to sell or sack someone

2) Its 3 up, 3 down in the boards.ie leagues

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ffs, I've drawn 4 games in a row 1-1, and I've been the better side in pretty much every game.

gl today... I need a win to cement my mid-table position.... and prove that last weeks win wasn't a mistake! After a disastrous start to the season I'm unbeaten in the last three games, despite conceding six goals ;) new keeper methinks

nice win away from home

watch out division 6

stanley victor are coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

bah! just lost a top of the table 6 pointer!

• Advertisement

2-1 win over a top 3 side, nice one. Scored the winner in injury time :)

Heh, I outwitted poor old Kryogen on the tactical front :D

2-1 over the top side to go joint top. :D Division 5 shall be mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another gutsy display from the Pigheads. 2-0 down at half time, told the lads a few home truths. Did they sulk? Did they heck. They went out and banged in four goals without reply. Atta boys. Still in second place. Massive game next week against the league leaders. Its a must win if the Pigheads are to harbour any hope of finishing top where they most certainly belong.

1-0 win thanks to 85th minute strike... absolutely destroyed them over 90 minutes, they didnt have a single chance. Safe(ish) mid table position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pighead wrote: »
    Another gutsy display from the Pigheads. 2-0 down at half time, told the lads a few home truths. Did they sulk? Did they heck. They went out and banged in four goals without reply. Atta boys. Still in second place. Massive game next week against the league leaders. Its a must win if the Pigheads are to harbour any hope of finishing top where they most certainly belong.

Yep the division is his if you slip up :pac:

I haven't seen the other league tables but our division is pretty exciting, only 1 point separating 2nd to 4th or 5th place.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement