Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GuanYin wrote: »
    Doh!

I thought that was the formation for when you lose possession of the ball.

I always thought that as well lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Oh crap I've gave away important gameplay secrets. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Looks like I'll have to change formation for tomorrow's game now! :)

1-0 loss sends me from the promotion battle into the drop zone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

8-2 win (I can score, but i can't defend! :D) keeps me right in the promotion battle. 4 points clear of the twam in 4th with 4 to go. playing the league leaders in the next game though, it will be a tough one. Would be happy with a draw from that one to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ship the 3-1 win against LAGs 11. Their first defeat of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

A really tight game but overall I think I deserved the win against Xavi. 2-1 away win with winner in injury time, I did hit the woodwork 3 times during the game though. Still three points outside promo. Had 4 players in the Xpert 11 and am now the form team in the league with 5 wins in a row. Next up is Eagle eye rovers at home and a win will put us level on points but they have a vastly superior goal difference. Doubtful that I'll go up but i'll certainly give it a good go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Tauren wrote: »
    8-2 win (I can score, but i can't defend! :D) keeps me right in the promotion battle. 4 points clear of the twam in 4th with 4 to go. playing the league leaders in the next game though, it will be a tough one. Would be happy with a draw from that one to be honest.

gl... Ive to get you back for that 4-4 draw a while ago that set me off on a rant :) Ive won 6 games on the trot since then, ready to make it seven!

(impressive 8-2 win there btw...)

KevIRL wrote: »
    1-0 loss sends me from the promotion battle into the drop zone :(

Indeed its too bloody close for comfort in Division 5. 2-0 win for me moves me back into the promotion places thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Standard 6-0 win against Boardeaux putting me 6 points clear at the top guaranteeing promotion to division 1 and with a win in our next match against 2nd place purple people eaters we can wrap up the title

• Advertisement

3-1 win today. Still in the relegation zone in Div 5. It really is tight as nuns in that division with 2 points seperating 5 teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Boring 7-2 win today.

1 win from the last 3 games guarantees promotion.

1-1 draw, disappointing at home. Too close to call in the league. Really need to win the next few games.

Easy 5-0 win, team in 2nd bottled it, play them next week to probably decide 2nd and 3rd, first is too far clear at this stage.

Oh well promotion is just a pipe dream unless I win all three of my remaining games and eagle eye rovers lose all of theirs which is realistically not going to happen. 1 Point from reamining 3 games guarantees safety and will push on from there next season.

2-0 win keeps me in 3rd position. Have 2 tough games against Devestated II and ****zengiggles to finish the season. Looks Getouttathegarden has the league with a game against Carrickshock next.

2-0 win away from home means im now 6 points ahead with 2 games left and a much better goal difference.ship division 2 imo

Achieved promotion today with a comfortable 3-0 away win. Done and dusted at the top in Division 1.

1-0 win today

There about 12 or so managers that havent logged onto xpert11 in over a month. At the end of the season we will be getting rid of at least 8 of the most inactive teams, to try and at least have teams that are being managed. The teams below are the ones in danger

Yoohoo United
    Bohblue F.C. Ciaran1976
    Shelbourne SantryRed
    No Superman Un... ImNoSuperman
    Rafathegaffer Gixerfixer
    The Wildcats Frisbee88
    Shave Me Shamr... Dvdfan
    Rafas Reserves Flanzer
    Sporting Lesbians AngusMcGyver
    VfB Dublin Neelio
    Tinahely Wande... Aaron1921
    Trillas Trilla

If you are one of the managers of these teams and wish to continue please log on or drop me a line to let me know. Also if anyone knows someone who wants to take over a team for season 2, please let me know and they can have one of the teams without an active manager

This should help to get rid of the easy games that are in each division with inactive managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

5-0 today, gone from second from bottom to second from top in a matter of weeks.

Two games left and nearly guaranteed promotion if I win my next. Thank christ my keeper is a superhero, he's got my last 6 man of the match awards.

• Advertisement

7 wins in a row to go 2nd, 4 points behind the leaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

ship teh 6-1 victory, in 2nd now and practically guaranteed promotion........ might even snatch the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Promoted to Premiership. That is all.

When does the next season start cause I don't think I'll be logging in again until then?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Haven't been very active lately and lost the last two as a result. Sill third though, but only a point ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Promotion? we'll have that for starters

Promotion secured. :D Now its time for an epic 2nd/3rd place battle against ****zengiggles now.

Another standard 6-0 win away from home agaisnt the super blues wraps up the league easily enough

lost today, so promotion is gone :(

Still have to avoid relegation now in a v tricky last match. eeeeek

Wow, I lost a home gamme, 1-0 up lost 2-1.

• Advertisement

Robbed of a point against Eagleeye. man sent off in the 90th, they nick it in the 92nd :rolleyes:

Still goin up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

promotion to division 6, second place secured

My Lazarus-esque comeback from the dead is complete, promotion to Division 4. Delighted.

Promotion secured. :D Now its time for an epic 2nd/3rd place battle against ****zengiggles now.

I've it won, so no need to turn up ;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Robbed of a point against Eagleeye. man sent off in the 90th, they nick it in the 92nd :rolleyes:

Still goin up though.
    \
    Just make sure you beat the chickens now, and give me a shot at the title.:D

I've it won, so no need to turn up ;)

We shall see. We shall see. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Won 5-0 to go third on gd (+1).
    Fourth beat table toppers to move level on points:eek:
    Playing fourth for promotion to div. 3, winner goes up...

Well I've pretty much secured 4th place from taking over at second bottom. I had to win all games from take over till EOS for realistic chance of promo. Congrats to X-A-L, E-E-R and T-L-C who have been promoter from 1st Div to premier. I hope to join at least 1 of you guys next season.. Remember keep the wigan spirit. It's more important to stay up than look good..

rafaloution..

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Well I've pretty much secured 4th place from taking over at second bottom. I had to win all games from take over till EOS for realistic chance of promo. Congrats to X-A-L, E-E-R and T-L-C who have been promoter from 1st Div to premier. I hope to join at least 1 of you guys next season.. Remember keep the wigan spirit. It's more important to stay up than look good..

rafaloution..
    Yeah you had a good tough set up, hard to beat. I have a feeling you will be joining all three of us next season. Good luck to you.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah you had a good tough set up, hard to beat. I have a feeling you will be joining all three of us next season. Good luck to you.

Thanks sir and good luck to you aswell. Have been keeping an eye on the leagues either side. Will make a purchase from league below in the close season to help with next season and LAG's has a good team which doesnt need too much improvement next year but really he has won the league at a canter. All three of you guys should take some points off of him. Hope we dont pass in the offseason next time as I have to rectify the fact that you're the only team that I didnt get any points off of even though it was close on one occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

\
    Just make sure you beat the chickens now, and give me a shot at the title.:D

Get your mits off, that trophy is mine :D:D

Xavi has a good few suspended and I have everyone at 100% bar 1 striker so can play my first team so hopeful of getting the result I need.

How is everyone Change Report Looking ?? Most my squad average form is pretty good so hopefully will get a good few increases (After spening so much this season of form Training it should be decent !!)

• Advertisement

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Thanks sir and good luck to you aswell. Have been keeping an eye on the leagues either side. Will make a purchase from league below in the close season to help with next season and LAG's has a good team which doesnt need too much improvement next year but really he has won the league at a canter. All three of you guys should take some points off of him. Hope we dont pass in the offseason next time as I have to rectify the fact that you're the only team that I didnt get any points off of even though it was close on one occasion.

Yeah well done Rafa. If you had come in a bit sooner I think you could have gone very close to promotion. Good lucjk next season.

Eagle, you do know that VIP only really allows you to have more teams / diff Kits etc ? It makes no difference to the actual team or money to buy players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Division 7 title secured!

I'll give the reserves a run out against Kronsington's lot

Couldn't be closer at the top of Div 6... I'm still top (just), but really need a win in my last game vs Athletico Reganio to guarantee the trophy...

LUCK FTW.....27
    JaapSai.........25
    Athletico Reganio........24
    Sydney Para Sporting...23

wardie wrote: »
    Eagle, you do know that VIP only really allows you to have more teams / diff Kits etc ? It makes no difference to the actual team or money to buy players
    Of course I do, I was just trying to start a bit of controversy but nobody bit. Edit to say that you are lucky to be ahead, it took me two games to figure out the game and I have a 100% record since then. I think Xavi might just do ya on Thursday.

Is there a break between seasons?

Of course I do, I was just trying to start a bit of controversy but nobody bit. Edit to say that you are lucky to be ahead, it took me two games to figure out the game and I have a 100% record since then. I think Xavi might just do ya on Thursday.

Is there a break between seasons?

We wont mention my 3-0 win then ;);)

Dont think there will be a big gap but Kev can confirm. Probably a week to 10 days at most before we kick off again but that might depend on cleaing up absent managers or having to get new ones in

wardie wrote: »
    We wont mention my 3-0 win then ;);)

Dont think there will be a big gap but Kev can confirm. Probably a week to 10 days at most before we kick off again but that might depend on cleaing up absent managers or having to get new ones in
    Apologies, I had one loss to you, forgot that. But we each won a game.

Think I might throw the last game for the craic! :pac:

Ah no seriously, might play a few of the young lads to boost their form. It's all about getting a squad sorted for next season now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Good luck to all in the final round!
    I've got a nailbiter in Div 4, I need a point to go up!
    I won't get in til about 6 tomorrow, so I'll have to wait til then:(
    Don't suppose it'll be live on Today FM?:rolleyes:

gl today, ive a nailbiter at the top of Div 6... promotion guaranteed but wanna bag 1st!

roryc wrote: »
    gl today, ive a nailbiter at the top of Div 6... promotion guaranteed but wanna bag 1st!

2-0 win bags me the League :)

So when does the new League start, and when do players receive upgraded stats (where applicable)...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement