Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I could only manage a draw anyway so I wasn't going to pip you regardless. 0-0 in all the other Division 6 games, most boring day in the league - it clearly missed injured top scorer Hal Cort :D

Congrats roryc. see you in Div5 next season! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep he was far and away the best player in the League, twice as many goals as anyone else! gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just got pipped to promotion by Pighead by losing to the bottom team! :(

Jury's out on whether I'll be kicking off the new season. Never quite got the hang of the game, and even though I went on a nice winning streak I didn't do too much tactically between games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I beat the lesbians 6-0! yay! that was fun. Congrats to the champs:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I guess I won't be beating Rolly United then! 6-1 loss away. Not good at all!

Still promoted though so what harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I guess I won't be beating Rolly United then! 6-1 loss away. Not good at all!

Still promoted though so what harm.

:D

That red card changed the course of the match. The 4-3-3 risk worked out in the end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

4 first teamers suspended and only lost 1-0 away to the league winners.

Good season all round and up to the Premier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

:D

That red card changed the course of the match. The 4-3-3 risk worked out in the end though.

Yeah I was 1-0 up until then. And then my midfielder got injured and some muck player come in to replace him.

What harm, onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Ship teh Division 4 Championship! Pipped Rebel on the last day after being 7 points behind with 3 games to play

• Advertisement

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Ship teh Division 4 Championship! Pipped Rebel on the last day after being 7 points behind with 3 games to play

nicccceeeeee.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Finished second to the Chickens in Division 1. Reserves won last two games. Looking forward to putting manners on them Lags next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

comfortable 4-0 win despite fielding a largely reserve side. roll on next season. Finished just outside promo places in div 1 will push on to premier next year. Again good luck to the 3 promo teams keep my place warm!! see you in 2 seasons.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Finished 2nd in the Premier, confident of going one better next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

1-0 win over Xavi to finish off the league as Div 1 champions :D:D

Now hopefully a decent Change Report on Sunday morning will see me a lot stronger for next year in the Premier Division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Won 0-1 to finish third and promotion to Div 3.
    Congrats to Pat on beating the rebels,see ye both next season.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

aye, i kinda stopped lookin at it for a bit, seems half my team is injured or awful form. Still no matter, still promoted (i think, i havent actually checked!)

Congrats Pat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0-0 draw to stay in division 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Super Change Report this morning with 12 visible increases :P

Ready for the Premiership now ;)

wardie wrote: »
    Super Change Report this morning with 12 visible increases :P

Ready for the Premiership now ;)

Bit of a strange change report for me... increases for most of my players, as expected, as I spent a lot on form training and rotated well to try and keep everyone fit etc. My 7 bar midfielder has gone down to a 6 which is understandable as he just turned 36 :)

Thing is, one of my forwards has gone down from a 5 bar to a 4, despite playing a blinder of a season and having an average form of 12? I though he would go up if anything!

Made 750,000 in prize money for top scorer etc.

My keeper and midfielder went up to a 7 which is fantastic but a lot of my defenders lost a bit so that's the area that'll be addressed before the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just got mine with 10 increases and no decreases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

1.25m in prizemoney, loads of decreases 2 increases, now have an 8 star defender.

Well got 10 skill increases mostly in midfield and defence. None in attack so that's where the money will be spent this season. More or less happy with the squad all through the season just need a 12 goal a season striker and i'll be set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

when does the new season start?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

roryc wrote: »
    Thing is, one of my forwards has gone down from a 5 bar to a 4, despite playing a blinder of a season and having an average form of 12? I though he would go up if anything!

:confused:

I'd mail the admins on that. Certainly shouldn't go down with average form 12 under any circumstance..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

same for me, my number 1 keeper who is 28 played 13 games with an average form of 12 went down one bar while my reserve a 29 yr old lad who played 1 game all season went up. hmmmm?

New League created. Kick off is 14:30 (CET) on Monday 8th Sept.

I've booted out the 8 teams with the most inactive managers so we now have 7 divisions. Good luck all!

Anyone fancy a friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

ill play you,

cleveland steamers, division 5

Toughest possible start to the season away to last year's Premier champs. Looks like I'll be starting with a defeat.

• Advertisement

ill play you,

cleveland steamers, division 5

cheers, need to give the young lads a run out! Have sent a challenge to you

gl!

One manager has sent me a message saying he doesnt want to be in the league this year, so there is a team available if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I've challenged a fair few teams so whoever accepts the challenge all well and good. I'm up for as many friendlies as possible. The Incredibles

evil_seed wrote: »
    I've challenged a fair few teams so whoever accepts the challenge all well and good. I'm up for as many friendlies as possible. The Incredibles

Beaten 3-1 by the Incredibles, first defeat in 7 games or so... not too bad as I fielded my worst 11, average age of about 22! Trying to get some games in for some of the new signings and youth players.

Do you acually get anything out of friendlies? 2 of my players picked up yellows and a lot of their forms dipped... whats the point in the friendlies?

A new formation gave us a 2-0 away win over Rafaloution. Decent performance from the lads so gives me food for thought.

Another tootless display. Failed in the basic premise, I thought we were playing at home dodgy glasses I blame. Anyway 3 friendlies 2 losses (both 2-0) and 1 draw 2-2 with last minute equaliser. Bring on the New season as I can hopefully get back to where I left off...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Do you acually get anything out of friendlies? 2 of my players picked up yellows and a lot of their forms dipped... whats the point in the friendlies?

You can turn around red form tendency arrows and I would generally play those on low form and keep the people on high form away from the game. Can also gain a tiny bit of match experience depending on age from 1-5%.

You could experiment with new formations or play your normal team and maybe one of the best reserve players who you can't afford the risk to play in a league game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i only have 14 players in my squad

Helix wrote: »
    i only have 14 players in my squad

Well you're gonna need to sort that out...

• Advertisement

Cant log in today, what was the score in our game Pat?

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Well you're gonna need to sort that out...

nope, ive made a pledge not to sign any players this season with any of my teams

kids only

well thats a good plan and hopefully it'll work out

Another good preseason win. This time 4-1 over JaapSai. Roll on the league season!

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    well thats a good plan and hopefully it'll work out

well im in the bottom league, and barring injuries should be able to get the team up in its current form. thatll mean i should be able to rack up 10m or so more in weekly sponsorship money for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Trippie wrote: »
    Cant log in today, what was the score in our game Pat?

I won 5-3

• Advertisement

I won 5-3

no way i conceded 5

New season kicks off tomorrow.

Dont forget to do the pools folks.

Good luck to all in season 2.

KevIRL wrote: »