Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

How do i join the boards league? Just starting my team up now, well when it comes back on.

Ok applied:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MOG7 wrote: »
    Ok applied:)

You're in MOG. There was a manager who has been inactive since 21-june, so you are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ahhhhh, a 5-1 domination of Xavi's supposed premier side is made all the sweeter by his comments last season.

57% possession and 14 goal attempts (vs. 2). I think that is a tactical victory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another good preseason win. This time 4-1 over JaapSai. Roll on the league season!

What a name...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Finally got my preseason victory. A resounding 4-2 away win @ The boys of 67 won had only narrowly lost 2-1 away at Green Slimy Yolks with an 84 winner. Anyway just glad to finally get the win roll on the new season. Hope to be near the top this season.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ibh wrote: »
    What a name...:D

Nicked from an infamous poster on BBC 606 and AfterhoursFC, and which is now the name of a board I use (football related before anyone gets any ideas!). Great name though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ffs... last two players I've bought have been worse than advertised. By at least 1 bar... Dodgy dealers ftl..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

An eventfull 48 hours for my 3star sub keeper. Not too surprising he dropped the soap considering his hands are bandaged.

On his way home from a night out Isak Bjuvstrand spots a pair of good-looking girls cycling in front of him. He is eager to catch up with them but loses his balance and falls off his bike. "No problems," he thinks as he tries to break the fall with his hands which he badly scrapes. The player will be able to play but his hands will be bandaged for a while.

Isak Bjuvstrand drops the soap twice during his morning shower. Initially, this concerns him as he is a little superstitious, but he pulls himself together and remembers that footballs aren't made of wet soap, and his form is unaffected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

If there are any places left id be interested in joining lads. already in two leagues so I know how it works

• Advertisement

Alan Smith wrote: »
    If there are any places left id be interested in joining lads. already in two leagues so I know how it works

Sure thing. There are a couple of managers who dont log on to play the game, and you can replace one of them

after a terrible pre-season, I don't hold much hope for the new season, and with the league shake up Division 5 is going to be very tough.

Oh dear...

Sture Hård was experimenting with his hair last night. Unfortunately, he didn't follow the instructions on the highlight kit and his hair turned orange. Aghast, he was forced to shave it all off. Sture Hård has now discovered that he has an oddly shaped head. That, and the jokes from the rest of the team cause him to lose some form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

6 skill 18 year old from the academy waiting for me this morning in one of my other teams

LOVELY

hes worth nearly 8m already

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sure thing. There are a couple of managers who dont log on to play the game, and you can replace one of them

Yeah will I just add the league for it to be accepted or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

won 7-0 lol

Well, put the poor pre-season behind me with a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Steamers - Hal Cort picking up where he left off last season with a hat-trick and an assist.

Yeah will I just add the league for it to be accepted or what?

Yup. Request to join the league and I'll boot out the most inactive manager and you'll take their place

Yup. Request to join the league and I'll boot out the most inactive manager and you'll take their place

Eh I'm in an inactive league and cant add another until I get out of it. ANy idea how I can do this? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lost 2-1 away to last year's champs LAGs. Bastards won it in the 86th

Eh I'm in an inactive league and cant add another until I get out of it. ANy idea how I can do this? :o

You have to ask the league owner to let you out of the league afaik. Not sure what happens if the whole thing is inactive though

In other news a 0-0 draw for myself in Division 4 today

An easy 2-0 win away to Sanchez Rovers for me in Devision 4:D

You have to ask the league owner to let you out of the league afaik. Not sure what happens if the whole thing is inactive though

In other news a 0-0 draw for myself in Division 4 today

I am the league owner:D.

I'm not the most technologically savvy person around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Off to a flyer with a 4-1 win over last years runners up De Bowez. Got the champs next though. Its going to be a lot tougher this year methinks in the premier league.

ah well new season same pre-season form lost 2-1 at home to PPE. Hopefully just getting my bad run out of the way now.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Helix wrote: »
    6 skill 18 year old from the academy waiting for me this morning in one of my other teams

LOVELY

hes worth nearly 8m already

Yeah I got one of those in my first week. Was so delighted.

Anyways 3-0 win for Rolly United. Hoping to make a big impression in Division 4. With an entire team of 6 skill and above players and a good mix between young and old, I'm optimistic for the new season.

Plus I am kicking ar*e in my public league, getting 5-0/6-0 victories every game. :D

Yeah I got one of those in my first week. Was so delighted.

Huh? Ive had 4 youth players, all 3 bar and all terrible. And the last two guys Ive bought (from different agents) have both been less skilled than advertised.

Started the season exactly the same as last, 2-0 loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

roryc wrote: »
    Huh? Ive had 4 youth players, all 3 bar and all terrible. And the last two guys Ive bought (from different agents) have both been less skilled than advertised.

Started the season exactly the same as last, 2-0 loss.

I just got lucky, I guess. I've had a few more since but they've all been 4 or less. My defense was very light at the end of last season but I've shored it up with a couple of cheap veterans. Thankfully the players I already had were young so I should be ok. The ony problem is atm I cant play my favourite striker Yazdani. Hes much older than my other 2 strikers but I just like the cut of his (digital) gib. Mmmm maybe I'm getting too much into this. This is why I must avoid Football Manager. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Got beat 2-1, and had a missed peno:eek:

This made me lol tho!
    Frisco Castellanos went on a date last night to a popular seafood restaurant and tried to be funny, ignoring the warning sign posted on the resturant's lobster tank, which read, "Restaurant personnel ONLY! DO NOT TOUCH!". When he selected a lobster for his dinner, he pulled it out of the tank himself. He quickly discovered the bands had snapped off and was promptly pinched, dropping the lobster! Mayhem ensued as the staff tried to retrieve the quick crustacean before it pinched other patrons. Frisco Castellanos is now banned from that restaurant for life
    :D:D:D

4-1 hammering first day of the season. Didnt see that coming. Red card for my best player aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

got roundly spanked 4-0. Still have plenty of reinforcements to come in before the next match day so hopefully things can turn around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

bohsman wrote: »
    4-1 hammering first day of the season. Didnt see that coming. Red card for my best player aswell.
    Unlucky fish;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Won 3-0 in Division 3. Good start, but there´s no quality players for sale. Am in a bidding war with 4 others for a 6bar defender so that´ll probably fall through again. Another bid bites the dust:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Trying to offload 2 defenders and a midfielder if anyone's interested. Want to bring in a couple of young fellas.

Any chance of getting a cup competition going this year?

wcarey1975 wrote: »

Means the season takes twice as long, dont think its worth it. Im in one of the main leagues, its one game a week once your out of the cup, Ive more or less lost interest.

Fair point I guess I'm in main league also and it's a long break in between matches but thought i'd put out the idea to see where it goes.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Trying to offload 2 defenders and a midfielder if anyone's interested. Want to bring in a couple of young fellas.

I've seen how your team plays.....

The one game a week thing with the cup would kill our league I reckon. The way things are currently we finish a season in 7 weeks, then a 2 week gap for pre season followed by another season.

It would take 14 weeks to finish a season with a cup competition, and a lot of people would lose interest

true thought I'd ask all the same..:o

• Advertisement

true thought I'd ask all the same..:o

no harm in bringing it up lad, if the majority wanted it, I'd go for it for next season, but I'd warn strongly against it.

Yeah true. Pity we couldn't have the cup in the off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Just signed up for this but I see the league is full. Any chance of getting in at the start of the next season

franman wrote: »
    Just signed up for this but I see the league is full. Any chance of getting in at the start of the next season

You can have a team now if you like franman. Just apply to join the league using the code in the first post and we'll give you one of the teams that currently have an inactive manager

Everyone else..matchday 2 tomorrow, so get yer pools picks in...

Ah ****zengiggles will see tmorrow how a good team play football, they had an easy home draw agains Kevs men. I'm setting out for a 4-0 win:D

el bumpo

62% possession and only 2 shots. A dissapointing draw leaves me in 3rd in Dev.4

1-0 defeat :(

5-1 destruction of Sanchez Rovers pushes me up to fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

2-1 defeat, goddam you xavi6!:D
    + one of my star mf is out for weeks:eek:
    and I made some tactical blunders - still donno how:mad::confused:
    not a good start to the season for villakerash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement