Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

1-0 defeat against Kev. :D They had a goal disallowed in the 90th minute. Was bricking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Them LAGS are the sooo lucky, I led early and they came back and went ahead in the second half and then I get a goal disallowed. Put up a nice rant in the press for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Clondalkin Athletic continue their ascent with a 5-1 romp away to Kensington in Division 3.
    Also, thanks for convincing me to take part in the pool KevIRL. I it at my first attempt.
    A handy 1,200,000 econ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kerash wrote: »
    2-1 defeat, goddam you xavi6!:D
    + one of my star mf is out for weeks:eek:
    and I made some tactical blunders - still donno how:mad::confused:
    not a good start to the season for villakerash.

:D Delighted to have nicked it late on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

A 4-0 Away win sets me up nicely for a big clash with last years league winners Lags Eleven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

another 2-1 defeat oh well I better sort this out soon or I'll have no chance of going up!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Matchday today -

I'm facing Rolly Utd at home:)

MOG7 wrote: »
    Matchday today -

I'm facing Rolly Utd at home:)

It is on. :D

2nd vs 3rd, the favorites tag has to be on Rolly especially after there win over Devestated II, can they handle the pressure?:P

2nd vs 3rd, the favorites tag has to be on Rolly especially after there win over Devestated II, can they handle the pressure?:P

Rolly United manager, genericgoon, has said he is 'confident' of a victory against AFC Eire. He feels that his team are ready to take their game to the next level to ensure victory against MOG7's side and ensure their continued positioning near the top of the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hammered 'Future Champs' 5-0, rested most of my best players...

Robbed again late on. 2-0 up after losing my star striker (his replacement got both) then they equalised with a peno in the 85th and won it in the 91st. Lovely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

roryc wrote: »
    Hammered 'Future Champs' 5-0, rested most of my best players...

0-0 draw for me in Div 4. 3 games now with no scored.

I have FutureChamps in my next game, so fingers crossed for a goal in that!

And my first win of the season gets me off and running. 2-1 nervy home win and lost 2 players through injury and will be a pain to fill one of them. I have to dip into the market now for 1 possibly 2 players before thursday.

ouch a 2-0 home defeat against Rolly Utd:o

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Robbed again late on. 2-0 up after losing my star striker (his replacement got both) then they equalised with a peno in the 85th and won it in the 91st. Lovely :rolleyes:
    It was me who was being robbed, I had greater possession all through. I didn't expect to get the winner though. Lot of late goals in all the matches this season. Last week I lead but Lags came back and beat me, and by stats they were the better team. I had 61% possession this week and 7 shots vs your 4 on goal. Fair result.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Top of the league:) :) wonder for how long though?

ouch a 2-0 home defeat against Rolly Utd:o

I decided to change to a 4-3-3 and switch my captain to throw you off. Worked like a charm. :D

CAFC march on!
    3 wins. Top of Division 3. 4 or more goals scored in each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What does making someone captain actually do? i've just been giving it to my best defender or a form player hoping it spurs him on. Does it officially increase their form or skill or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What does making someone captain actually do? i've just been giving it to my best defender or a form player hoping it spurs him on. Does it officially increase their form or skill or anything?

From X11 rules, its not that important:

The player you choose as team captain should be the most respected player in the team. He/she should have his heart in the club, be amongst the most skilled and preferably a leader type. Look at the players visual skill level, you can ignore his/her form. When choosing the captain you can subtract 3 from the skill level if a player has not got his/her heart in the club and you can add 2 if a player is a leader type. If you still have 2 evenly matched players it is best to choose the leader type. A leader will perform at his/her best as team captain and get the whole team behind him/her. To choose a player who is not respected by the others is bad for the team. Note however that chosing a captain is the least important of all the tactical choices.

Dont forget matchday today so get your pool picks in.

How do i enter the pools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

clock on xpert pools on the left

2-0 win for me today against the leaderless Carrickshock. Came at a cost though with an injury and a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

KevIRL wrote: »
    2-0 win for me today against the leaderless Carrickshock. Came at a cost though with an injury and a red card

was a completely unfair game for them, as they had to play me at the same time. Lost 4-1 to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Solid 2-1 win for The Pigheads against Dossing FC. 2nd in the league now. Fair to say I have the most entertaining attacking minded team in the league. Most goals scored this season mean the neutrals absolutely love a Pigheads match.

Premier Division here we come.:cool:

Ooop a 5-0 defeat for me in Devision 4:o Not the worst defeat of the day in Devision 4 thankfully:)

Tauren wrote: »
    was a completely unfair game for them, as they had to play me at the same time. Lost 4-1 to me.

LOL it was FutureChamps that I played. Whoops :o

Lost in injury time again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nice win for me over the Chickens. Another injury as well though, they are stacking up lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

lost 2-1 against the leaders in div 3.
    still 3rd, tight group, anyone's really;):D

6-0 against leaderless dellboy.

Ooop a 5-0 defeat for me in Devision 4:o Not the worst defeat of the day in Devision 4 thankfully:)

Yes, you're fortunate I was there to give Sanchez Rovers a good auld hiding. 7-0 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

A 3-2 away win puts me top :)

4 wins outta 4 too and three manager of the week awards out of 4. Hopefully it won't all fall apart like last season.

2-1 win over Melchester Rovers puts Clondalkin Athletic five points clear at the top of Division 3.
    4 wins from 4. Won the pools again, though I had to share the jackpot. 2 pool wins out of 2 attempts. Easy money. :pac:

• Advertisement

niallk wrote: »
    2-1 win over Melchester Rovers puts Clondalkin Athletic four points clear at the top of Division 3.
    4 wins from 4. Won the pools again, though I had to share the jackpot. 2 pool wins out of 2 attempts. Easy money. :pac:

1-1 draw for me, leaves me in third

roryc wrote: »
    1-1 draw for me, leaves me in third

are you not in second place roar_ie??

2-1 loss. In the relegation zone now :(

Unlucky Kev, my protege 18 year old namesake scored the winner after coming on as a sub :)

And staker, my team is Luck FTW.

Im up against the league leaders next

Oooh a slightly lucky 1-0 win for me against Future Champs, Devestated II next:)

• Advertisement

3-1 loss and first points dropped of the season for Clondalkin Athletic in Division 3. Think my tactics were spot on but maybe a slightly too attacking formation. Possesion and chances were even. Lead at the top reduced to 3 points. Maintained 100% win rate in the pools but had to share this pot with 4 other teams.

Top of the Premier after a very tight 1-0 win over Incredibles

1-1 dropped 3 places. a tight div 3 will go all the way to the wire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Another win keeps me top by three points. An injury and a red card me screw me up next game.

0-0 draw. He played defensive and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Solid 2-0 win over Boardeaux who look a spent force at this stage. Still in joint 2nd. The leaders Magyars, look invincible though. They won 10-0 today. They were promoted with the Pigheads last season and I'm pretty sure they've never lost a game so far.

That will all change next Monday however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Draw with the Lags 1-1, not so bad. Looking forward to beatin eagleeye next, lol:D

Another defeat, throwing away a lead late on yet again :rolleyes:

Heads are gonna roll.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another defeat, throwing away a lead late on yet again :rolleyes:

Heads are gonna roll.
    I think you should stop focusing on when your goals are conceded as it is probably the most irrelevant piece of information in the game, computer generated to give the impression of a real game.

lost 2-1 to Rolly United. They had a much stronger team so I had to play offensive and hope to score more than them :)

Unfortunately the Ozzie Ardiles way didn't work this time... still third but 6 points behind 1st and 2nd...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement