Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

5-1 hammering of 5th place Sh*tzengiggles leaves me in good standing for a second successive promotion, no chance of winning the league again though...

Sitting in third, 3 points off 2nd spot, with the last game of the season coming up against the team in 2nd. My goal difference is ten behind theirs so will need to knock in a good few goals over the next two games or hopefully Kev can take a few points off them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

a win on thursday guarantees me 2nd place, i think first is out of reach. im 6 points behind with 3 to play, BUT ive still to play the top placed team so you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

11 wins out of 11 today and will finish in either 1st or second place.

A win next week gives us the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

2-0 away defeat to the Chickens leaves me back in third 3 points behind the joint leaders. Little chance of winning the League now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lost 2-1. Still a slim chance of staying up.

4-0 win for me.

Remember with the upcoming cull at the end of the season you have every chance of bumping up a division

KevIRL wrote: »
    4-0 win for me.

Remember with the upcoming cull at the end of the season you have every chance of bumping up a division

You should bump Xavi down a league or two, his team are awful ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

4-0 win for me.

Can't go any higher than the Prem :cool:
    GuanYin wrote: »
    You should bump Xavi down a league or two, his team are awful ;)

11 wins against mediocre opposition isn't it? Pfft. We'll see how you get on in the big leagues....if you ever get there!* :p

* My team are fairly **** alright

11 wins against mediocre opposition isn't it?

12 if you include my pre-season thrashing of you :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

And he comes back from vacation to inspire a 6-1 away win and move Rafaloution out of the relegation zone... Phew was getting a little worried there for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Are there any good/reasonably looked after sides available shortly?

I've left one league and am looking for another..

I warn that in the proper Xpert League yesterday, I injured franzie's (no1 ranked manager in the game) 16 skilled goalkeeper for the rest of the season and possibly wrecked his treble hunt and entry to the hall of fame...:o

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Are there any good/reasonably looked after sides available shortly?

I've left one league and am looking for another..

I warn that in the proper Xpert League yesterday, I injured franzie's (no1 ranked manager in the game) 16 skilled goalkeeper for the rest of the season and possibly wrecked his treble hunt and entry to the hall of fame...:o

Get in at the bottom and work yer way up. Plenty of fun to be had that way

11 wins out of 11 today and will finish in either 1st or second place.

A win next week gives us the division.

not quite

if you win next, then i thrash you, youll be 3 points clear with worse goal difference and still a game to go

[/grasping at straws]

Helix wrote: »
    not quite

if you win next, then i thrash you, youll be 3 points clear with worse goal difference and still a game to go

[/grasping at straws]

I wouldn't count on beating Ste-05 ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Get in at the bottom and work yer way up. Plenty of fun to be had that way

Not at all :D

I wouldn't count on beating Ste-05 ;)

i would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Rolly United continue their blistering form and are now a whisker away from securing the Div 4 title. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

3 to play and it looks like div 4 for melchester.
    need to win all 3 and even then need other results to go my way.
    addictive stuff this reality soccer:rolleyes:

Threw a few of the youngsters out today against minnows Futurechamps... easy 7-0 win see's me sitting pretty in third, three points off Getouttathatgarden.

My goal difference is only 4 less now after todays win, so a good match next week will set up a 2nd place clash vs Getouttathatgarden on the final day of the season.

Second successive promotion all but guaranteed :)

Relegation confirmed thanks to a 1-0 defeat.

We've only actually lost 1 game by more than a single goal.

• Advertisement

I relegated Xavi and stay in the hunt for the title, 3 points behind the joint leaders.

A 1-0 loss for me today means there's no hope of promotion by conventional means*

*god knows what might happen after the manager cull though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I was being relegated anyway so getting beat 1-0 didn't make much difference. A win in the next match might be some consolation - Hi Xavi6! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

slim chance of avoiding the drop now,too many draws this season.
    roll on the next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Rolly United are now but a point away from confirming their status as Division 4 champions. With their final 2 opponents being the mid-table Devestated II and the relegated Futurechamps, things are looking great for last seasons Div 5 runner-ups.

12 straight wins and crowned champions today.

I've 2 games left against 2nd and 3rd place teams.

I'm not sure whether to aim for the "invincibles" title or develop my youth players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Helix wrote: »
    i would
    orly-ostrich.jpg

Ste05 2-1 Helix
    Possession: 55 - 45 (53-47)
    Chances: 6 - 3 (4-1)

while missing 3 star players... ;)

I'm actually pretty confident of finishing second in the league, finally got my sh1t together.... also I'm the last team to beat GuanYin.

Although I have to play some young lads for the next 2 games so my youths against Guan's, I'd say I'll win, full strength v full strength tougher assuming I get my injured players back... quite a signing I got me... 3 games 7 goals and he's youngish to boot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

any chance of an INV to the league? username General69 club name Trouser Snake FC

Another single goal defeat, this time 3-2. Young fellas will be out for the last game.

4-0 win secures second successive promotion for Luck FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Division 3 is going right to the wire. Only 1 point seperates the top 4 teams with 1 game to go.

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty confident of finishing second in the league,

That looks unlikely now.

In fact, there is a chance you may not even make promotion unless you win.

All over for me. Lags somehow held out for a draw to leave me 5 behind the Chickens. Can't do any better than third and prob no worse either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Division 3 is going right to the wire. Only 1 point seperates the top 4 teams with 1 game to go.
    Clondalkin the only team guaranteed promotion. I fear for your safety though, Rebel. My prediction is that the current top three will go up. I can't see Rebel Ath. beating Kautos Stars no matter how much I would like to see it. Kautos have been our main rivals for the past 2 seasons. ITT-Pat has also been manager of the season twice in a row now (Judging by who has the most manager of the weeks).

Have to beat Kirkby, who are fighting for survival to survive, to guarantee the title. and TBH I would love it if we beat them, love it. Dr. Lego's press releases are quite annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

niallk wrote: »
    Clondalkin the only team guaranteed promotion. I fear for your safety though, Rebel. My prediction is that the current top three will go up. I can't see Rebel Ath. beating Kautos Stars no matter how much I would like to see it. Kautos have been our main rivals for the past 2 seasons. ITT-Pat has also been manager of the season twice in a row now (Judging by who has the most manager of the weeks).

Have to beat Kirkby, who are fighting for survival to survive, to guarantee the title. and TBH I would love it if we beat them, love it. Dr. Lego's press releases are quite annoying.

Do you want his tactics?

I personally know him and would love to see him taken down a peg or two.

He leaves his pc unlocked all the time.

Here is his last games tactics.

4-4-2 << Formation >> 3-5-2
    Normal << Playing style >> Normal
    Through plays << Offence >> Varied
    Normal << Defence >> Normal
    No << Prepared >> Yes
    Bruise << Aggression >> Normal
    Yes << Long balls >> No
    Yes << Pressure >> Yes
    No << Offside traps >> No
    No << Cheating >> No
    Yes << Win bonus >> No
    Neil Conan << Playmaker >> Otis Westgate
    None << Tightly marked >> None
    Fiachna Dunn << Captain >> Terry Cork

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Emmo wrote: »
    Do you want his tactics?

I personally know him and would love to see him taken down a peg or two.

He leaves his pc unlocked all the time.

Here is his last games tactics.

4-4-2 << Formation >> 3-5-2
    Normal << Playing style >> Normal
    Through plays << Offence >> Varied
    Normal << Defence >> Normal
    No << Prepared >> Yes
    Bruise << Aggression >> Normal
    Yes << Long balls >> No
    Yes << Pressure >> Yes
    No << Offside traps >> No
    No << Cheating >> No
    Yes << Win bonus >> No
    Neil Conan << Playmaker >> Otis Westgate
    None << Tightly marked >> None
    Fiachna Dunn << Captain >> Terry Cork

Emmo
    lol.
    Cheers. I'd prefer if you could give me his next match tactics though. Or better still, a spot of sabotage. Stick his star striker in goal or something.

niallk wrote: »
    lol.
    Cheers. I'd prefer if you could give me his next match tactics though. Or better still, a spot of sabotage. Stick his star striker in goal or something.

he might spot that.

I will give you the formation. He normally does it before the games.

Emmo

That looks unlikely now.

In fact, there is a chance you may not even make promotion unless you win.
    I know, I was far too complacent against Killinaskully, both my 7 rated strikers played a 1 and a 2 each... chances of me getting up now are pretty slim to none. :(

Here NiallK you know its me I am talking about.

I will give you those tactics though, if you want them.

Classic self loating and the desire to be in a league befitting my mediocre players compels me.

So I guess 3-5-2

Play maker going to be Cook. Make him the captain too so that he is easier to mark.

Gonna tighten up the centre and then attack via through balls myself.

No win bonus, cheating on.

anything else I can dish on myself?

Emmo

Ste05 wrote: »
    I know, I was far too complacent against Killinaskully, both my 7 rated strikers played a 1 and a 2 each... chances of me getting up now are pretty slim to none. :(

Ohh anything could happen, I wouldn't count on the other two teams winning, you could pull off an upset against me.

KevIRL and Helix? What happens with the manager cull? If players drop out of the higher divisions, do the new managers start at the bottom and the teams below get bumped up or do you just switch the new players in for the ones leaving/inactive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Ohh anything could happen, I wouldn't count on the other two teams winning, you could pull off an upset against me.

KevIRL and Helix? What happens with the manager cull? If players drop out of the higher divisions, do the new managers start at the bottom and the teams below get bumped up or do you just switch the new players in for the ones leaving/inactive?

If teams get culled then the rest of the teams get shuffled up. Any new teams go in at the end in whatever is then the lowest division.

• Advertisement

You'll get promoted to division 4, which will still be the bottom division :p

Seriously though. Any new managers will take the place of inctive managers. Any remaining inactive teams will be booted out and the leagues realigned.

Final results are in..

All of the managers below are in danger of being culled next week. If you are on the list and want to continue in the league, either drop me a line or log onto xpert11 and go in and check your team

Reganio
    FutureChamps
    Denfitz
    Roadsweeper
    Kryogen
    ImNoSuperman
    SantryRed
    Fitzkids
    Tusky88
    UP-D-SHOCKS
    PepeLeFrits
    DesF

Anyone who would like to join the league, now is the time to do so....

12 straight wins and crowned champions today.

I've 2 games left against 2nd and 3rd place teams.

I'm not sure whether to aim for the "invincibles" title or develop my youth players.

Well done on getting your 14 wins out of 14 but you do know that none of your youth players will improve now in the Change Report as they didnt play ?

The Chickens are Champions of the Premier Division after getting the better of the Yolks 4-2. :D:D

With 7 players 21 or underwith at least 15 Average Form we should have a decent CR too :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gutted. Another season in division 3 next year after finishing only 3 points off top. :(

Fair play to Bhoys of 69 and Stanley Victor for pipping me to the promotion places in Division 5... :(

And also congrats to GuanYin on his 100% record, the final match was quite immense, it seemed pretty even looking at the stats, but he deserves the 1-0 victory, at least I'm happy my lads didn't leave anything on the pitch... next year my team should be alot stronger again, with my youth developing well although I will be losing one of my top defenders to retirement... :(

Guan Yin is a she. You were beaten by A GIRL!!! Hahahahaha* :p

(* I have also lost to said female)

Guan Yin is a she. You were beaten by A GIRL!!! Hahahahaha* :p
    :o:o Oops... apologies, and it just makes the achievement all the more impressive :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

all 3 teams for the original division 2 getback to back promotions although the final positions are slightly changed this time out. One of them for the premier league title next season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement