Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,006 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well finished second for the second season in a row to the Chickens. Need a good change report if I am going to give them a run next season. Well done Chickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

wardie wrote: »
    Well done on getting your 14 wins out of 14 but you do know that none of your youth players will improve now in the Change Report as they didnt play ?

I only got my youth players in the last transfer week, they could only have played 3 games anyway.
    Ste05 wrote: »
    Fair play to Bhoys of 69 and Stanley Victor for pipping me to the promotion places in Division 5... :(

And also congrats to GuanYin on his 100% record, the final match was quite immense, it seemed pretty even looking at the stats, but he deserves the 1-0 victory, at least I'm happy my lads didn't leave anything on the pitch... next year my team should be alot stronger again, with my youth developing well although I will be losing one of my top defenders to retirement... :(

My condolences, I did put out my best team against everyone though, although to be fair, I may have tried to trhow you off my tactics with the last press release :o

You should manage easily next season.
    Ste05 wrote: »
    :o:o Oops... apologies, and it just makes the achievement all the more impressive :p

Why would that be? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Finished 3rd in the League for promotion... threw out the reserves for the meaningless last match and the card happy ref dished out 7 yellows! I had a feeling something was up when I noticed the ref's name was 'Frank Redkard', so I put aggression on 'Careful'... didn't make any difference and I now have 2 lads missing the first game of next season and a further four on two yellows...

Is there any other way to avoid picking up cards other than putting aggression to careful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

GuanYin wrote: »
    Why would that be? :mad:
    LOL :D

I knew you'd play a full strength team, and you should have too TBH, it wouldn't have been fair on the other 2 guys, it was a good match, your damn keeper playing a 9 didn't help though... :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Trippie wrote: »
    all 3 teams for the original division 2 getback to back promotions although the final positions are slightly changed this time out. One of them for the premier league title next season?
    Ditto with the promotees from the original Division 4. We'll be tearing up Division 2 next season. It may take another 4 or 5 seasons to stabilise with the cream rising to the top and the mud sinking to the bottom and other such cliches. Maybe 7 seasons with Guan Yin looking quite impressive. (Although I'd imagine it's not that hard to look impressive in the bottom division:P. {Why is there 2 identical "Stick Out Tongue" smilies [I digress...]})

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

niallk wrote: »
    Ditto with the promotees from the original Division 4. We'll be tearing up Division 2 next season.

not quite, i came second in the original Div 4, but just missed out on promotion from 3 to 2 by goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

roryc wrote: »
    Finished 3rd in the League for promotion... threw out the reserves for the meaningless last match and the card happy ref dished out 7 yellows! I had a feeling something was up when I noticed the ref's name was 'Frank Redkard', so I put aggression on 'Careful'... didn't make any difference and I now have 2 lads missing the first game of next season and a further four on two yellows...

Is there any other way to avoid picking up cards other than putting aggression to careful?

All Yellow and Red Cards will be cleared at the change Report on Sunday morning.

Some refs have a high Harshness value and even when playing Careful will dish out a lot of cards.

A point to note is that the average of both teams is taken into account so if you play careful but your opponent plays bruise then both values are taken together to decide what happens in the game.

Trippie wrote: »
    One of them for the premier league title next season?

The Chickens and the Eagles might have something to say about that ;);)

All Yellow and Red Cards will be cleared at the change Report on Sunday morning.

Some refs have a high Harshness value and even when playing Careful will dish out a lot of cards.

A point to note is that the average of both teams is taken into account so if you play careful but your opponent plays bruise then both values are taken together to decide what happens in the game.

cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Careful and Bruise are risky tactics.

George Buske, S2H9, has a notorious reputation and even Charlie Fender S2H1 is risky to Bruise nowadays..

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    not quite, i came second in the original Div 4, but just missed out on promotion from 3 to 2 by goal difference.
    There were 5 promotees from division 4 to 3 last season due to the great manager cull of season 1. 3 were again promoted and unfortunately 1 was relegated. The other (you) languishes in the Plains of Mediocrity.

niallk wrote: »
    The other (you) languishes in the Plains of Mediocrity.
    :( thats a bit harsh...only missed out on goal difference :o:(

Yeah... Keep languishing.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

very harsh.... especially from a guy who only got into Div 3 by default:p

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    very harsh.... especially from a guy who only got into Div 3 by default:p
    From a guy who took over the team half way through the season and took them to within goal difference of automatic promotion actually.

Whereas you and your "Stars" had to rely on goal difference to get promotion this season. Do not try to dis the most talented and modest up-and-coming coach in the game. Look forward to wiping the floor with you again next season.:P

ah now i think i'm equally modest in my press releases, apart from when i called one of Rebel Athletic's players 'fat and clown, a fat clown for all to see'

also i look forward to getting promoted alongside you this season..... dont fancy Rayo's chances tho

ah now i think i'm equally modest in my press releases,
    Nope. I have to disagree here I'm afraid. I'm fairly sure I'm the most modest person in the league if not the world.

ah now i think i'm equally modest in my press releases, apart from when i called one of Rebel Athletic's players 'fat and clown, a fat clown for all to see'

hey! I missed that...bastard...

really pissed off with my player Georg 'One Nil' Nilssen. Gave him a big entrance in a conference and his attributes are cool and goal scorer, and he didn't get a single goal! Not cricket.

Nice change report there yesterday for Division 3 champs Clondalkin Athletic. 12 skill increases, 6 visible. Only 2 skill reductions, both invisible. 3 no changers and disappointingly no change for promising 17 year old Dubhghlas Sullivan who remains on 4 blocks after turning 18. I blame this on my goalkeeping crisis. I stuck him in goal for a couple of games and ruined his average form. A nice 8 figure transfer kitty to work wih in pre-season. Have to bring in a new striker to replace retiree Haris Wright.

• Advertisement

mine was awful. 2 of my best players went up a block, but most dropped. My second best striker dropped 2 full blocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I don't know what to make of it. I pumped serious money into players' training this year but the stats are disappointing. I did better last season by doing less.

Super CR for me.

16 +, with 10 visible increases including 1 double jump.

Was going to use most my budget to get a good young midfilder but my youth scout finally vame up with a good player. Will save the money to train players now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

New Season will start next Monday Nov 3rd. This means the season will finish on the 21st Dec, so just before the xmas hols.

12 managers were booted out for inactivity, and 4 new managers admitted. So we now have 6 divisions in total. Good luck all

madness...

All I have been offered since day one through the youth system is 3-bars. Last month I got my first 4-bar... Yesterday, another 3-bar...

Yet Rolly United, a team which somehow already has one 9-bar player, two 8-bars, four seven bars and EVERY other player a six... what does he get offered? A feckin SIX BAR 18 yr old, prob worth 10 million already! Fair my hole :)

EDIT: Just got offered another 3 bar... no talent for 28 days then I get offered two sh*t players... yippee!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

how do ye set up a friendly lads?:o:o

staker wrote: »
    how do ye set up a friendly lads?:o:o

As the first league game is on Monday its too late for friendlies.

In the off season, you click on the team you want to play and choose the Challenge button

Reminder that the new season starts today.....

Still time to get those Pools picks in folks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I would but all my funds are tied up in a transfer bid

0-0 draw to start the season :rolleyes:

Drew 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lost 3-2, my first competitive defeat in 14 games :(

All my players form had dropped low and I couldn't afford training for them all. :(

oh dear... the ridiculousness has returned

Just lost 5-1 in my first match at home, against a team which I should really have hammered 6 or 7-0. I have a much better squad, all fully fit, and decided to play offensive as I wanted to knock in a few goals in the first match. At worst I though I might concede ONE goal, my defense has been strengthed the last few weeks.

I forgot that for some reason in this game you cant play offensive at home (?????), last time I did this was again versus a much, much weaker team and again the result was ridiculous. The fact that I have a 7-bar keeper, two 7-bar defenders etc doesn't matter... so word of advice, don't play offensive at home! Must be a glitch in the game...

Seems that 'normal' and '4-4-2' are the way to win at this game, I've won 90% of my matches when I use this boring tactic... ah well, I won't be trying to mix it up again!

GuanYin wrote: »
    Lost 3-2, my first competitive defeat in 14 games :(

All my players form had dropped low and I couldn't afford training for them all. :(

bubble1.jpg

:p

• Advertisement

Just lost 5-1 in my first match at home, against a team which I should really have hammered 6 or 7-0. I have a much better squad, all fully fit, and decided to play offensive as I wanted to knock in a few goals in the first match. At worst I though I might concede ONE goal, my defense has been strengthed the last few weeks.

I forgot that for some reason in this game you cant play offensive at home (?????), last time I did this was again versus a much, much weaker team and again the result was ridiculous. The fact that I have a 7-bar keeper, two 7-bar defenders etc doesn't matter... so word of advice, don't play offensive at home! Must be a glitch in the game...

Seems that 'normal' and '4-4-2' are the way to win at this game, I've won 90% of my matches when I use this boring tactic... ah well, I won't be trying to mix it up again!

BBV thread imo :p

His team is as strong as yours and in much better form (11 v 15). Why would you beat him 6-0 ??

His attack played to an 11 while your defence was 4 !!! and his midfield played better than yours too. Your keeper had a mare aswell only playing to 2 skill.

I play offensive at home 95% of the time and have only lost once (when Xavi came and mugged my team) so you can play it

The chickens open their Premier Div title defence with a good 5-2 win over new boys Meh. Next up are fellow newboys Durrus

His team is as strong as yours and in much better form (11 v 15). Why would you beat him 6-0 ??

His attack played to an 11 while your defence was 4 !!! and his midfield played better than yours too. Your keeper had a mare aswell only playing to 2 skill.

I play offensive at home 95% of the time and have only lost once (when Xavi came and mugged my team) so you can play it

Thats what I mean, I'm not sure why every single one of my players decided to play so bad... looking at the skill levels of our teams overall, Im well ahead of him, all my players were well in form, just decided to play absolutely rubbish on the day?? As you said my keeper is a 7 bar and for some reason decided to play as a 2... go figure... Spent over 1.5 million on form training last week, glad to see it paid off :)

This kind of c*ck up where the squad decides not to turn up has only ever happened when I play offensive at home so I won't be doing this any more...

KevIRL wrote: »
    BBV thread imo :p

yep... also see my earlier post RE: youth players... some people get all the luck eh! Think I have a cold account :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

3-2 defeat. All the statistics suggested I should of won but their entire offense,defense and midfield performance was maxed out negating all else. Still confident of doing well this season though. My squad is strong enough anyways.

Lost 3-1, disappointed to concede 3 as I payed fairly defensively with 5 at the back. ah well, such is life, my team had no training before the new season and form wasn't great anyway...onwards and upwards from here!

Won 2-0 away in my first game which is a slight relief as I hadn't logged in for a week or so. Good to see the players can handle me being away for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

is it possible to get a cup going or is it all leagues?

is it possible to get a cup going or is it all leagues?

Just league. Reason is that if we have a cup going its only 1 game in the league each week, and 1 in the cup. It mean the league takes a lot longer to finish and after a few weeks most people would be out of the cup, one game a week would cause people to lose interest

Game day 2 today !!

A second 0-0 draw for me. Thrilling stuff.

KevIRL wrote: »
    A second 0-0 draw for me. Thrilling stuff.

Yeh I played fairly defensively after my shocking first week. At least most of my players actually played to their skill bars this week!

Ah well, I've lost both my first games every season and still managed to win a league and get promoted last year, so technically this is my best start yet :)

I've another tough away game next week vs Getouttathagarden

btw, how do you ensure your team is 'prepared'...

Yeh I played fairly defensively after my shocking first week. At least most of my players actually played to their skill bars this week!

Ah well, I've lost both my first games every season and still managed to win a league and get promoted last year, so technically this is my best start yet :)

I've another tough away game next week vs Getouttathagarden

btw, how do you ensure your team is 'prepared'...

pick the oppositions formation in the "defence against" catagory.

first win of the season today, a handy 3-0. Both strikers are on 2 from 2 now so far, which is promising!

pick the oppositions formation in the "defence against" catagory.

huh? :confused:

what made you think i wasn't doing this every game?? Its not exactly hidden!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement