Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol well then they might earn their wages!

Cool well I'm just waiting on my VIP to go through so I can be in so definitely include me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

dfx- wrote: »
    I think it'll be a new league, so a new skill 5 team to mould, Xavi.

Best advantage to VIP is in private leagues, to buy players off each other and the numerous stats...oh and snazzy shirts :cool:

I have disabled VIP manager to manager transfers for the boards leagues to keep things fair though.

My VIP just came through so I've applied also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,460 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've applied for membership of the league.

3 more applications accepted. Up to 26 now :D

Lol my new team is full of fragile bitches!!!

How do you make money in this game? I did a sponsor event thing, got some cash from that, but desperately need money and new players!!

Also, I propose that we get a Xpert 11 sticky to discuss the game, or just turn this thread into a general discussion once we have a league started.

Tauren wrote: »
    How do you make money in this game? I did a sponsor event thing, got some cash from that, but desperately need money and new players!!

Also, I propose that we get a Xpert 11 sticky to discuss the game, or just turn this thread into a general discussion once we have a league started.

There's a few different ways of making money, the sponsor activity each week is the main one. You can also sell players obviously and then once the league gets going there is the pools. There is one other way to make a few extra quid each week, but you'll have to find out that yourself (hint have a read of the rules)

Good idea about the sticky, prob best to use this thread a discussion thread once the league gets going

Are we able to schedule friendlies yet or do we have to wait til the league is set up?

+1 on the sticky idea

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Are we able to schedule friendlies yet or do we have to wait til the league is set up?

+1 on the sticky idea

You can schedule friendlies as of now

Sweet, anyone interested?

Tryin to release a few turds but it won't let me for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

When will the actual league start?

How many friendlies should we arrange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Ha!
    Under player nationality for the players names I selected 'Irish.' One of my strikers is called Brogan Babb!

DesF wrote: »
    When will the actual league start?

How many friendlies should we arrange?

I'll start the season tonight, I think there's usually a few days before the first league game. I wouldnt go too mad with the friendlies, one game at a time

Oh ok, I've one friendly lined up, and challenged for another.

Any chance you could leave the starting of the league for another while so n00bz can get used to playing matches?

• Advertisement

Oh ok, I've one friendly lined up, and challenged for another.

Any chance you could leave the starting of the league for another while so n00bz can get used to playing matches?

Sure thing. I'm in no hurry. You'll see its handy enough

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sure thing. I'm in no hurry. You'll see its handy enough

Fair enough, and thanks, if everyone else doesn't mind waiting either?

It's just that the first time I looked at it was yesterday.

I have a question.

Does every team get an "equal" standard of players?

I don't mean uniform standards, but say if I had some deadly defenders, would someone else have weak ones, but excellent attackers?

Is there an FAQ on the site we could read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you can join 3 private leagues total, have 2 created of your own and be in 1 public league

oh

so that means i wouldnt be able to join this one if i went for vip coz ive already got 1 created, 1 private and 1 public

thats poo

Helix wrote: »
    oh

so that means i wouldnt be able to join this one if i went for vip coz ive already got 1 created, 1 private and 1 public

thats poo

Nah you would be able to join this

3 private leagues in total AND 2 own leagues AND one public league

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough first time...

ah right, i have ye now

yeh ill sign up later then for the vip, have a few bits and bobs to get done in the mean time in work

ep kick off at midday and the poxy board is down

typical

• Advertisement

Fair enough, and thanks, if everyone else doesn't mind waiting either?

It's just that the first time I looked at it was yesterday.

I have a question.

Does every team get an "equal" standard of players?

I don't mean uniform standards, but say if I had some deadly defenders, would someone else have weak ones, but excellent attackers?

Is there an FAQ on the site we could read?

Yep all the teams start with a similar level, there are rules and FAQ's on the site. on the left side toolbar.

just looked at my current, non vip, league quota...

League quota: 1 Xpert; 2 private; 2 own;

it used to only be 1 of each, thats great. they must reward you for playing longer

So will we get the league goin for early next week? Is it gonna be just one big league or two or three smaller ones? Will there be a cup comp?

ah right, i have ye now

yeh ill sign up later then for the vip, have a few bits and bobs to get done in the mean time in work

ep kick off at midday and the poxy board is down

typical

Yep I noticed that. Board outtages over there could turn the FF auction into a right trainwreck

just looked at my current, non vip, league quota...

League quota: 1 Xpert; 2 private; 2 own;

it used to only be 1 of each, thats great. they must reward you for playing longer

Yep they do that alright

So will we get the league goin for early next week? Is it gonna be just one big league or two or three smaller ones? Will there be a cup comp?

i say maybe 4 leagues of 8 if we can, with 3 up 3 down and no cup

cup really drains the momentum out of the game as the season goes on imo

I think once I click 'create season' then the league doesnt start straight away (Helix, you might be able to help me here), so there is a bit of a pre-season anyway.

I'd imagine there will be more than one division with promotion relegation etc. For season one, teams will be assigned random divisions.

Its prob best not to do a cup, if we do a cup you only play one league game a week, the other game day is held for the cup, once yer knocked out of the cup then you would only be playing one game a week, and it makes the season v long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Id say start it asap, I only looked at it yesterday for the first time aswell but Id say 1 or 2 friendly matches is more than enough, those that play it regularly will have a big advantage either way but it looks fairly simple.

you get to pick your league start date, and the structure of the leagues themselves

youre looking for a 1:1 structure, and you can pick the amount of teams you want involved and teams per league. then depending on the amount of teams per league you can pick the down/up numbers, which are limited to a max of 3 on an 8 team league (which ive found to be the optimal team number)

in the case of the first season of a new league, i think its first come first serverd in terms of the top flight. the first 8 to sign up are in it, and itll continue all the way down til all the leagues are filled. im NOT 100% on that tho, it MIGHT work on each managers xpert rating, in which case lads whove played before will be in the premiership

you cant name the lower leagues until the season has been assigned a start date, so dont worry about it when they have a stupid name filled with numbers

Yeah I was gonna suggest no cup as well. 3 up, 3 down is a bit easy and harsh at the same time though if there's only 8 in the league.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Id say start it asap, I only looked at it yesterday for the first time aswell but Id say 1 or 2 friendly matches is more than enough, those that play it regularly will have a big advantage either way but it looks fairly simple.

i reckon start the league to have the first league game say on tuesday or wednesday next week, its easy to get to grips with as you say, so people will find their feet pretty fast

bohsman wrote: »

Yer right bohsman, it is very easy.

you get to pick your league start date, and the structure of the leagues themselves

youre looking for a 1:1 structure, and you can pick the amount of teams you want involved and teams per league. then depending on the amount of teams per league you can pick the down/up numbers, which are limited to a max of 3 on an 8 team league (which ive found to be the optimal team number)

in the case of the first season of a new league, i think its first come first serverd in terms of the top flight. the first 8 to sign up are in it, and itll continue all the way down til all the leagues are filled. im NOT 100% on that tho, it MIGHT work on each managers xpert rating, in which case lads whove played before will be in the premiership

you cant name the lower leagues until the season has been assigned a start date, so dont worry about it when they have a stupid name filled with numbers

Cool, well I'll allow till this evening for people to apply for entry and look at setting a league start date for early next week. I'll schedule the games to be played on weekdays and during working hours to make for maximum banter.

8 team divisions with 2 up 2 down sound good?

oh you dancer

my team has 2 27 year old 7 skill midfielders, a 6 skill 27 year old midfielder, and a 6 skill oul lad striker

defence is pretty shockin tho

Cool, well I'll allow till this evening for people to apply for entry and look at setting a league start date for early next week. I'll schedule the games to be played on weekdays and during working hours to make for maximum banter.

8 team divisions with 2 up 2 down sound good?

i think 3 might be better, itll really keep the interest going for everyone

im in a league at the moment where theres 1 game left, and i can finish 2nd last or 4th at the minute, its great

I've got a healthy mix of 6's right through the team, including two strikers. Quite happy with that! Next wednesday is a good start day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

3 up 3 down sounds good.

Ive 2 6 rated keepers, should I be selling one? Seems like a bit of a waste at this early stage.

Just wait til you Meet the Purple riders of the JaapSia Massive.... eye to eye, head to head.

27 players so far. For anyone else thats interested (and only catching up now) the league code is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

It is great crack all right. I currently have the 5th highest ranking in Ireland but unfortunately I have a full quota so cant join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i cant access this site in work.

****e.

i'll still beat Des though

Des the little bollox just got himself a 6 rated junior

Des the little bollox just got himself a 6 rated junior

What are the ratings out of? ten?

That was waiting in my mailbox this morning, some youth teamer wanting a chance, so I let him in.

I take it that's a good thing then? Seeing as you called me a bollix.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ah jaysis and there was me creaming myself cos I had a 7 bar 31 year old.

If possible I'd like to start in the lowest division so I don't have to suffer the ignomy of being the new Derby!

What are the ratings out of? ten?

That was waiting in my mailbox this morning, some youth teamer wanting a chance, so I let him in.

I take it that's a good thing then? Seeing as you called me a bollix.

Yeah it's out of 10.

Every so often you will get offered juniors and it's up to you whether you take them on or not. Pwersonally I wouldn't take on anyone lower than a 5. Then you can give them training and boost them up over the season. A 6 on your first pull is quality.

• Advertisement

oh kev, dont turn on dirty tricks

Yeah it's out of 10.

Every so often you will get offered juniors and it's up to you whether you take them on or not. Pwersonally I wouldn't take on anyone lower than a 5. Then you can give them training and boost them up over the season. A 6 on your first pull is quality.

goes up higher than 10, think its out of 15

never seen a player higher than 14 tho

oh kev, dont turn on dirty tricks

Awww why not?! I'm dyin to shaft Mr. Alan! (No, not in that way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭zepp

Sent in my application. Dahm recognition of country. As I live in the UK they have put me as a brit

goes up higher than 10, think its out of 15

never seen a player higher than 14 tho

Really? Must be my shite league so!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement